Author Topic: Serious Issue: Profile Seems to Randolmly Disable Right Click  (Read 1725 times)

gamesturbator

Serious Issue: Profile Seems to Randolmly Disable Right Click
« on: October 21, 2023, 12:19:16 AM »
Ran into this issue a few days ago and I blamed Windows update messing with my drivers. So I went back to a month old backup (Macrium) of Windows (system restore was missing backups, as usual) and disabled automatic updates, not to mention driver updates. Everything was working.

Then I updated Ghub and pretty soon the issue came back. So I'm thinking it wasn't a Windows update causing the issue. Removing Ghub didn't solve the issue though. So I went back to an older restore point (working this time) with the outdated version. Hours went by and I had no issues.

Tonight, I was editing the PUBG profile for over an hour (their PC controls suck). Everything looked good, Ghub looked good. Then suddenly I couldn't right click anymore. I'd ruled out Window Update and Ghub, so I figured I'd close VoiceAttack to see if I could focus on finding out what was going on. But the mouse right click immediately started working again.

I'd never been able to get it working again in the last few days without logging out of Windows and logging back in--only to have the right click stop working after ether 30 seconds or just a few minutes. But this time it worked just by closing VA. I also test just switching profiles and that worked, too. It was also set to start with Windows, which would explain why the right click functionality would stop working after booting in.

I don't see anything in my .vap command that could explain this, but VA with the PUBG profile was running in every instance this issue occurred. I have never in all of the years I've used VA encountered this issue. But the fact that either closing VA or simply switching profiles fixed the issue for the very first time without logging out of Windows leads me to believe that profile just may be the cause. 

I'll attach the .vap file in question (it's the only profile I've seen this issue with) so you can examine it, and the VA settings. It's the latest standard version, BTW.

Thanks! Always a pleasure dealing with support. 😍

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Serious Issue: Profile Seems to Randolmly Disable Right Click
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2023, 12:27:35 AM »
...you have a command that's explicitly configured to prevent the right mouse button from passing through.

"canted"

gamesturbator

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2023, 01:55:07 AM »
Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly! I didn't even know what that button event thing meant.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2023, 01:58:25 AM »
If you don't want the right mouse button to be prevented from passing through (I.E. working in other applications), make sure the "Do not allow button event to be passed through" option for the "When I press mouse" option of that command isn't enabled (I.E. make sure the box is not checked).