Author Topic: Ban a letter  (Read 1292 times)

goldpoyo

Ban a letter
« on: September 03, 2023, 11:56:15 AM »
I was just wondering how to have the application detect a letter every time its said.

I have a text command killing me in the game when I say 'e'. Like just the letter by itself and not in a whole word.

How do I have it detect whenever the letter 'e' is in a word or a sentence too?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
    • RTFM
    Re: Ban a letter
    « Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023, 12:01:37 PM »
    Press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer, which contains information on VoiceAttack's features.

Have a look at the "Wildcards" subsection of the "1 - Command Input" subsection of the "Command Screen" section.

goldpoyo

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2023, 12:21:13 PM »
    thank youuuu

goldpoyo

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2023, 12:23:34 PM »
    also how would i have it work for friends in discord too??

as in having it listen to them as well as me

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
    • RTFM
    « Reply #4 on: September 03, 2023, 12:29:07 PM »
    The default Microsoft SAPI speech recognition engine is intended for a specific user, not to recognize speech from multiple users.

If you want to try regardless, you'd need to use audio routing software, E.G. "VoiceMeeter" (despite the name, this software is not related to VoiceAttack, nor is this intended as an endorsement) to route the output from your Discord application to a virtual recording device together with the output of your microphone, which the speech recognition system would then need to configured to listen to (the latter can be done using the "Windows Speech Recording Device" option on the "Recognition" tab of the VoiceAttack options window).

goldpoyo

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2023, 12:36:49 PM »
    thank you!!