Author Topic: Menus Windows kind of " Jammed"  (Read 2765 times)

otto1012

Menus Windows kind of " Jammed"
« on: February 01, 2023, 05:00:16 PM »
Hi ,
since a while , My VA seems kind of stuck even after reinstall and without any kind of plugin ( I mainly use VA with Vaicom under DCS). I can open options menu but can't basically access to any buttons or menus in it , I can just close the window. When i open a profile page , I barely can scroll it down to the bottom . Even the profile menu disappear when   I scroll it ( picture)
It is like something were blocking it time to time .
I change my computer configuration and my joystick ( X56 to Virpil CM3), which VA is also not able to detect ...but detecting my Tartarus...
I drove down to the issue list without finding something getting close to my issue...so...
Thanks for helping

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Menus Windows kind of " Jammed"
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 05:24:49 PM »
Do you have a video of what's occurring?

Has the issue always occurred, or did this start recently? Did you make any changes to your system around that time?

otto1012

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 06:24:21 PM »

otto1012

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 06:25:52 PM »
It's like i were with an old outdated computer slowing every process and missing most of the "clicking" action with erratic answers of the panels...

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2023, 07:24:17 PM »
One of two things are going to be out of sorts on your system.  It will either be VoiceAttack's installation itself, or the components within Windows that VoiceAttack relies on to function.

You mentioned reinstalling - have you tried uninstalling first? If you've uninstalled and reinstalled and then VA is still not displaying right it's going to be a component on your PC.

First thing I would try is a system restart - not a shutdown and boot, but a restart (there's a difference, actually).

Next, you'll want to make sure your video drivers are up to date and installed properly (and restart).

You'll then want to do a system file scan (which is good to do from time to time, even if you do not detect any issues):
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system-files-79aa86cb-ca52-166a-92a3-966e85d4094e    Make sure to do both of the SFC and DISM steps.  If problems are found, you'll want to run both steps until no problems are found (and restart).

Hope that helps!

otto1012

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2023, 06:32:28 AM »
first of all , thanks for your help ,
I've done everything you told me , There were some files replaced with the SFC steps . Ialso update my MB Bios and my drivers ( there were up to date already by the way ) , but situation is the same .
I carefully checked my PC component with the App center of the MB and things seems to work..I buid-up my own PCs..so I'm pretty aware that  the component assembly issues ...can occur !!!.. ;D
It's a bit sad becausse I'm running DCS in VR and VA matters so much to me !!!

EagleOne

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2023, 06:49:40 AM »
Having the same issue with VA no response from the VA window, I can assure you everything else on my system is working great, the only issue is VA at this time.

1. Install Fresh VA from Steam
2. Start VA with Def Profile
Result: No Windows or menu response after a few seconds after the start of VA windows becomes unresponsive.

reInstalling
1. Delete all files and VA folders from Local and Roaming.
2. Restart the PC and run the file scan to ensure all is good with windows.|
3. Reinstall VA

Result: Same as above no response from VA windows after a few seconds.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2023, 08:31:28 AM »
Are you saying that you are experiencing the same issue where the menus are disappearing as you hover over them (as shown in the video) or are you unable to open windows at all (like unable to see the entire Edit Profile screen)?

EagleOne

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2023, 07:43:29 AM »
Yes having the same nothing is working and thinking is the steam version causing the issue, but I purchased my VA back in 2014, Before we were able to see the key and use a Standalone version now steam has done it again locking us to their buggy versions. Wish I could trade my steam for a standalone.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2023, 09:04:53 AM »
I'm not getting any reports from other Steam users about menus not appearing, so I'm not entirely sure that it's a Steam issue.

Just to be clear, you are hovering your mouse over menus and they are disappearing (as shown in the video), correct?

On a side note, if you are trying to open a screen and nothing is happening (except for maybe some beeping), it is possible that the screen is opening up in a position where Windows thinks a monitor is still operating.  If this is the case, try right-clicking on the VA icon in task bar and then select, 'Relocate to Primary Display'.  See if that helps.

EagleOne

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2023, 10:22:41 AM »
Correct nothing works on the menus, I cannot log into discord seems my account cannot join stating banned for some reason can you please check on that, I can assure you I have done nothing to be banned, and not sure why I'm banned in the first place...

EagleOne#2331

Thanks in advance

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2023, 10:38:19 AM »
Shows ban reason of 'Crypto Spam' for that user account.  I have revoked the ban. 
Come on by -

Bathazar

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2023, 08:54:16 AM »
Hi all,
Any solution to this? I purchased VA yesterday but not able even to configure it because of the same issue. Mine also crashes some times. If i manage to gey into options in order to change tabs i found out that pushing the tab i want to get into, i have to exit the config and if i will go in again it will open to this tab.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2023, 10:17:52 AM »
Is there a VoiceAttackFault.txt file in VoiceAttack's installation directory? If so, what are its contents?

Are you using the Steam version, or the one from the website?

Bathazar

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2023, 01:40:37 PM »
There is no such file generated. I am using standalone version downloaded from the site.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2023, 02:27:11 PM »
Very strange -  have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling VA (the uninstall is just as important as the reinstallation - profiles and settings will be preserved).  If you haven't gotten very far and do not care about the settings, you'll want to try wiping those as well by going into %LOCALAPPDATA%\VoiceAttack.com and deleting everything in that folder.

In regards to the crashes, there is generally a VoiceAttackFault.txt file that is generated.  That file can be located in either your installation folder or %APPDATA%\VoiceAttack.  If that file is not generated, that usually means there is an error that is occurring on your machine that is not able to be captured by VA at all.  In that case, you'll definitely want to do a system scan. 

Did you follow any of the suggestions posted a few months back?

First thing I would try is a system restart - not a shutdown and boot, but a restart (there's a difference, actually).

Next, you'll want to make sure your video drivers are up to date and installed properly (and restart).

You'll then want to do a system file scan (which is good to do from time to time, even if you do not detect any issues):
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system-files-79aa86cb-ca52-166a-92a3-966e85d4094e    Make sure to do both of the SFC and DISM steps.  If problems are found, you'll want to run both steps until no problems are found (and restart).

Bathazar

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2023, 12:52:30 PM »
Hi again. I was on vacations and now i am back. VoiceAttackFault.txt has not been generated anyware. I followed your quoted suggestions but still the same issue. With my system i have no other issues. Also i have done clean re-install and i tried the previous version too.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2023, 01:20:31 PM »
I'm not exactly sure on how to guide at this point.  If a crash occurs and no fault file is generated, that means an error occurred to the extent that VoiceAttack could not capture the problem (internal exceptions can be caught - errors cannot).  A lot of times antivirus is to blame for stopping the application in that case.  Since you have uninstalled and reinstalled, the interface corruption is going to be a component that VA depends on within Windows.

I've sent you an email directly.