Author Topic: Instead of recording keystrokes, can we just paste in a chunk of text?  (Read 1778 times)

gamesturbator

Google is freaking useless, as you probably all know. I am trying to create a few messages for players, and it's so tedious carefully typing a chunk of text while recording keystrokes. I end up having to redo each message over and over because I keep making mistakes.  Is there a way to just add full chat messages in one fell swoop instead? I already tried just the copy-and-paste method, but that didn't work. Maybe I forgot some function that I'm missing. If anyone knows, could you please include pics of the setting/function I need?    Thanks.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
The "Quick Input" action is designed specifically to type out text (it also attempts to press the appropriate keys based on the current keyboard layout, if implemented).

Press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer, which contains information on VoiceAttack's features.

gamesturbator

Thanks, as usual, you are so helpful. But where is this Quick Input function you speak of? I'm a little dumber than the last time we chatted. 🥴️

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
"Other >", "VoiceAttack Action", "Quick Input"

Or hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard and press the Q key.

gamesturbator

That is absolutely perfect! Thank you so much. Considering how little the program cost when it first came out, I've gotten my money's worth 10 thousand times over!