Author Topic: Varaiable with an @ symbol and Caps lower case mixed  (Read 1676 times)

JnyCode

Varaiable with an @ symbol and Caps lower case mixed
« on: May 16, 2023, 09:03:17 PM »
I have a command and the first step is to set a text variable and I want to set it to my email address 'someone@somewhere.com'

But when I out the variable to a textbox it outputs as 'someone2somewhere.com'. I transpose the @ to a 2.

Also, If I set a variable to Hello. It always outputs hello. No capital H.

Any suggestions on how to solve these?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Varaiable with an @ symbol and Caps lower case mixed
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 10:27:17 PM »
Hey, there.  I tried replying to your email to support, but it kicked back the email stating that your inbox was full.

I'm not entirely sure what it is you are trying to do, so, for my own sanity (to make sure things didn't get out of sorts somehow), I tried setting a text variable named, 'myTextVariable' to the value of 'support@voiceattack.com' and then used the 'Quick Input' action to output to Notepad and it worked as expected.  I used a token in 'Quick Input': {TXT:myTextVariable}'.

Could you describe, step-by-step what it is you are doing with each action, as well as indicate what application you are targeting?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Varaiable with an @ symbol and Caps lower case mixed
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023, 02:07:40 AM »
Which keyboard layout are you using, physically? And is that keyboard layout available in the "Keyboard Display Layout" dropdown on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window?