Author Topic: Execute a command each time this profile is loaded - and included profiles  (Read 3082 times)

cmdrmcdonald

I've been looking at included profiles for EDDI, to allow users to include EDDI in their own custom profiles in a friendlier manner.  I've hit a problem though.

The EDDI profile contains the event loop command that needs to run to provide EDDI with events.  The commander profile includes the EDDI profile using the "Include commands from another profile", but although the EDDI profile has the event loop set on the "Execute a command each time this profile is loaded" it isn't started.  In addition, there's no way of selecting the EDDI event loop to run the commander profile as the drop-down only contains the items from the profile and not the included profile.

I can see two ways around this.  The first, and more preferable one, would be to honor the "Execute a command each time this profile is loaded" value for included profiles.  The second would be to include the included profile's commands in the various dropdowns when configuring a profile.

Is there some other way around this issue whilst keeping the profiles separate?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Execute a command each time this profile is loaded - and included profiles
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 11:11:07 AM »
You can use "Execute command, '' (by name)", which will work on embedded commands, and commands that have "When I say" disabled. Not sure if that's separate enough.