Author Topic: Reverse mouse buttons for left-handed mode  (Read 1013 times)

E_RAMEL

• 😊 VoiceAttack saves my wrists 👍🏻
    • Landscop design - Paysagistes
Reverse mouse buttons for left-handed mode
« on: February 24, 2023, 01:48:25 AM »
Hello,
I recently had an operation on my right hand, and it is unusable for a few weeks.
So I got a left-handed mouse and reversed the mouse keys on Windows.
This seems to work everywhere ... except for VoiceAttack which did not take this into account and therefore sends "left" clicks instead of "right" and vice versa.
Is there a global option to correct this?
I haven't found anything in the general preferences or in the different profiles?
And I don't want to go back to all my orders, knowing that this situation is temporary.
Thank you in advance for your help and solutions.
Kind regards.
Edgar

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Reverse mouse buttons for left-handed mode
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 08:15:30 AM »
That would be caused by how Windows is handling that inversion internally. VoiceAttack is instructing a left-click, which Windows "changes" to a right-click, and vice-versa.

There is currently no method for circumventing that directly (this is, as far as I'm personally aware, the first time this has been reported to be an issue).

You mention a left-handed mouse; is this actually an ambidextrous mouse? Otherwise I would have expected the right-hand button to produce a left click without needing to use the Windows option.
Does this mouse come with any software to configure it?

E_RAMEL

• 😊 VoiceAttack saves my wrists 👍🏻
    • Landscop design - Paysagistes
Re: Reverse mouse buttons for left-handed mode
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 11:50:15 AM »
Hello Pfeil,
I actually tried two left-handed mice from Logitech.
One has hardware reversed buttons (Left-handed Lift model), and the other (M650 Left) relies on changing the options in Windows 10.
Curiously, for these two models, Logitech did not see fit to create a driver that allows you to customize the functions of the basic left/right buttons.
So I'm going to use the Lift Model, which doesn't require any system-level changes to the clicks, and that's fine.
Thanks for your help.
Have a nice weekend.
Edgar