Author Topic: Sample Elite Dangerous Command  (Read 2057 times)

Ratman

Sample Elite Dangerous Command
« on: December 18, 2022, 04:15:56 PM »
I have looked every where, but cant find an example of a pip management command. I want to be able to write a few commands but it would be easier if I could see an example of one to go by.
Basically I want to issue a single command and have it change the pip layout. Ive seen forums and youtube of people that have them, but I cant find an example of a written one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Sample Elite Dangerous Command
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2022, 04:23:26 PM »
Hi, Ratman

What might be helpful (both for those reading on as well as yourself) is to outline, step-by-step, what you normally do with Elite Dangerous to manage pips.  This would include the key presses you would press as well as the mouse buttons you would click (and where on the screen that you would click the mouse).  The sequence that you provide can then be translated over into VoiceAttack actions, which can be triggered by a voice command (or hotkey or joystick button).

Technomancer

• I have a bad feeling about this...
Re: Sample Elite Dangerous Command
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 12:29:13 AM »
I have looked every where, but cant find an example of a pip management command. I want to be able to write a few commands but it would be easier if I could see an example of one to go by.
Basically I want to issue a single command and have it change the pip layout. Ive seen forums and youtube of people that have them, but I cant find an example of a written one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Haven't been on the forums in a while, so I know this is late.

I have a working PIP command.  However, no matter how much "optimizing" I tried to do, it's still a bit large. (I probably don't know how to do it with fewer commands).  It's still responds basically immediately.

With this command, you can either just say the PIP you want power to, and it'll distribute it in a 4-1-1, 1-4-1, 1-1-4 pattern.  You can also designate exactly how to distribute PIPs.  For example, you can say 3-2-1 or 2-2-2, etc.

If your "distribution" does not equal 6 total PIPs, you'll get a warning message.

I can share the command, but you'll have to customize it to your button layout and/or the voice command you want.