Author Topic: unable to download beta version  (Read 3262 times)

Reese

unable to download beta version
« on: September 07, 2016, 02:39:34 PM »
The title says it all. When I try to install it I get the following message:
Create process failed ; code 740 The requested operation requires elevation"
What does all this mean? I've been using the other version of Voice Attack without problems, but from what I understand to use the CEDAR profile for Star Citizen  ( which I would like to be able to import}I need the beta version. Please correct me if I'm wrong about this.
Thanks in advance

Gary

• Administrator
Re: unable to download beta version
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 04:38:37 PM »
Hi, Reese.  That error has to do with system permissions and can usually be bypassed by running the installer as an administrator or turning off UAC (not recommended when you don't know the source).  For that type of case, there is the .zipped version of VoiceAttack available here:  http://www.voiceattack.com/betazipped

Hope that helps!

Gary

• Administrator
Re: unable to download beta version
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 07:13:57 PM »
Hi, Reese.

I looked into this a little further and found that the error is not so much with the installation as it was with the launching of VA at the end of the installation.  If UAC is cranked up, the installer was not permitted to launch VA.  I put some extra handling into the installer so that this shouldn't occur any more (you should just get the proper warning box before VA is actually launched).  I don't know why the installer software doesn't have all this turned on by default, but that doesn't matter any more (at least for VA).

Thanks for the heads-up!