Author Topic: Razer Gamepad Not Recognized by VoiceAttack's Joysticks Options  (Read 1486 times)

Starblue7

Both VoiceAttack and Razer Synapse3 are being run under elevated Amin privs.  They both need to be in order to interact with the game I'm playing.

Windows has the Razer Tartarus Pro gamepad as an assignable option 'Joystick (Razer Tartarus Pro)'.

I assign it, enable PoV switches up/down / left/right (which I assume is for the D-PAD)

I then go into test and try to get it to be identified.  Pressing anything on the Razer controller doesn't yield any result.
Adjusting polling also makes no difference.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Razer Gamepad Not Recognized by VoiceAttack's Joysticks Options
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 05:20:59 PM »
Do the buttons you're pressing register according to its Game Controllers applet? In Windows 10, that can be opened by searching the Windows Start menu for "Set up USB game controllers", then double-clicking the device in the list

Especially if that applet shows that a button is being held down constantly, does clicking the "Reset" button on the "Test Joystick Buttons" dialog make a difference?

Starblue7

Re: Razer Gamepad Not Recognized by VoiceAttack's Joysticks Options
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 07:01:31 PM »
Thanks..  I've given up on this.

The Razer Tartarus Pro has an HID profile called:  HID-compliant game controller
This for some reason cannot be managed nor calibrated within the Windows USB Game Controllers section..
The device does show up in this section, but buttons nor DPAD do anything to indicated presses or movement.

I suspect it is simply for the Analog stick (DPAD) when it is set to that mode versus just the 4-way directional use.
So, I went into the settings and disabled the 'HID-compliant game controller' for this device and will just treat it like an extended keyboard, sending keyboard mapped keys.

Sorry to bother.