Author Topic: Certain Keyboard keys not working in latest VA  (Read 7627 times)

Wasp0

Certain Keyboard keys not working in latest VA
« on: September 07, 2016, 01:49:37 AM »
Hi Guys, first post. I downloaded the prerelease v1.5.12.5 VA the other day and have noticed that when VA is on my keyboard Keys 'Esc', 1, 2 & 4 do not work when i press the either in game or in windows when VA is running. However VA commands that use these keys (Open Left Panel =1) works in game (Elite Dangerous).

What maybe stranger is that after a certain amount of game playing time (Exact time not yet determined, but approx 15 mins) the keys become useable both in game and in windows.

During the 'Non-Working' time if i turn off keyboard shortcuts in VA the keys work again in windows, so it is VA which is stopping these keyboard keys from working (I think)?

Anyone have any ideas?

If No how easy is it to go back to a previous version of VA as i just can't remember this happening in earlier versions of VA

Thanks Peps!

Cananas

Re: Certain Keyboard keys not working in latest VA
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 04:32:28 AM »
 Hi,

I suggest running VA with a clean profile, becasue it seems that some keyboard shortcut is catching those keys to do another job.

Or, in your ED profile, look for some commands that use some of these keys (1, 2, 3 4 or ESC) to trigger another command.

Oh! and I suggest to try the lastest beta prerelease (1.5.12.11).

Wasp0

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 07:10:19 AM »
Thanks Cananas, i will look at this possibility. The only change i have made to my profile is to purchase the Vasco Voice pack and update to the 1.5.12.5.

When i press the 'Check for Update' button it says it is uptodate? Can i download the newest version and install over the top or do i have to remove old version first?

Thanks again.

Wasp0

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 07:33:25 AM »
OK, thanks to Cananas i have tracked this issue down to the Vasco Voice Pack having left panel, right panel etc etc commands setup in their profile, but on looking at the command they have a shortcut key associated to this command 1, 2,4 etc etc.

Do i need these shortcuts commands?

Thanks all

Cananas

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 08:01:30 AM »
I don't have this pack, so I can't tell you if you need those shortcuts commands....

Wasp0

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 09:06:33 AM »
What are the Shortcut keyboard commands for? i am assuming that if i don't ewant to Speak the command i can simply press the keyboard shortcut key?

If so i assume i can disable this shortcut as what is then the point of having a Voice program if you press keyboard key :)

Thanks guys great help! least i know what is causing this issue.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 09:24:30 AM »
If so i assume i can disable this shortcut as what is then the point of having a Voice program if you press keyboard key :)

It does both.  In fact, it also accepts mouse and joystick buttons as a way to trigger the commands.  Generally, these are set up by the user, however, when you download somebody else's profile, you are at the mercy of what the creator had set up.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 11:36:51 AM »
What are the Shortcut keyboard commands for? i am assuming that if i don't ewant to Speak the command i can simply press the keyboard shortcut key?

Thanks guys great help! least i know what is causing this issue.

The keyboard shortcuts are there so that on a button press you still get the voice response. I *personally* remove all of the shortcut keys, because I don't actually need them... but I know people who like having the voice response on press.

However, if you don't want to go through all of the commands removing them, you can just disable keyboard short cuts.

Wasp0

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 06:39:30 AM »
Thanks Guys for all your helpful replies. problem now sorted. (Removed Keyboard Shortcuts from commands)