Author Topic: VA causes Star Citizen to have random issues with my dual sticks  (Read 1603 times)

Dark_Rift

VA causes Star Citizen to have random issues with my dual sticks
« on: December 09, 2022, 01:37:32 PM »
Did the trail version, worked great. Love this program. Purchased program, worked great using it for many repetitive tasks across several apps. Love the program. Originally got VA for Start Citizen inventory transfer, quickly made many, many voice/key commands, that with some tweaking work amazing and make this game very fun to control many aspects with my voice. Then, I got a pair of Thrustmaster T16000m joysticks to take my space flying to the next level and everything went down hill fast. It took weeks of testing iterations of the problems before I realize that if I leave VA off, there are not problems. Depending on when I launch VA the problems are varying and plentiful. Some of the problems that I have encountered are:
1) One of the 2 sticks not being recognized at all, requiring a full system shutdown to fix. (Even unplugging does not fix)   
2) One or more axis randomly going dead, sometimes on VA launch, other times after hours of game play.
3) The sticks switching recognized position. (Left stick layout becomes right stick)
4) One time according to Star Citizen VA was being recognized as a 3rd stick, I think. (caused me to have to rebind every function and button, only to have it all be wrong the next time I logged in)
5) Random button layout changes, that rebinding won't fix, but relaunch game with VA off magically fixes.

At first I was sure that I got a dud stick for 1 or both. Like I said it took weeks, and a borrowed second set of sticks, to figure out that all problems cease to exist if just leave VA off. Which of course is not what I want to have to do. 

Anybody have similar issues, or know of any fixes?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VA causes Star Citizen to have random issues with my dual sticks
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 01:47:07 PM »
Are you using any third-party addons?

VoiceAttack itself only polls joysticks (that are assigned to joystick slots within VoiceAttack) for their status, like any normal joystick-using application (including games) would.
It has no built-in features to change ingame joystick button bindings, influence axes or buttons, and certainly not to create an additional joystick device (which is something that would normally need to be done through a device driver, which VoiceAttack doesn't install either).

Do the issues you mention also occur if you disable plugin support and load a new, empty profile?

You can click the wrench icon on VoiceAttack's main window, and on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window uncheck the "Enable Plugin Support" option, click "OK", click "OK", then restart VoiceAttack, to disable plugin support.