Author Topic: "There are currently no ATC recipients available"  (Read 2119 times)

gigem75

"There are currently no ATC recipients available"
« on: November 14, 2022, 05:05:47 PM »
Shooting approaches in Hornet used to always have the carrier's ATC "inbound, see you at ten, ball" respond.  Now I get "There are currently no ATC recipients available" when calling "Inbound" etc.  The coms menu gives me the responses I need but clicking on the text while trying to stay in the groove isn't worth it.  I have spend a whole day trying to call ATC and been through both manuals more times than I can count.  I tried loading versions before 2_5_28 Viacompro with no luck.  I have no idea why it quit working and no idea how to get it to hold onto any ATC ship or land based.  If anyone can help I'd be extremely grateful.  Thanks in advance/

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: "There are currently no ATC recipients available"
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 05:12:13 PM »
The third-party VAICOM PRO addon is no longer supported by its developer.

Community support may be offered (on a voluntary basis) on their Discord, or the VAICOM section of the official DCS forums

gigem75

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 06:49:36 AM »
Thanks, I saw that and loaded the "Free for Use Unlocked" version.  Still no ATC available.  One thing though that is hinky is when VoiceAttack opens the message "Nahimic app detected that may interfere with VoiceAttack".  I've disabled it in options as suggested and now I'm wondering if it's related to the No ATC available?  Also I'm running Win 11 so I'm going to try my other computer that sill has Win 10.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 07:17:16 AM »
That message only pertains to the speech engine- if your speech engine is working, you can ignore that warning.

gigem75

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2022, 08:17:45 PM »
I am by no means any kind of expert but if it is recognizing commands doesn't that mean the speech engine is working?  It recoginzes gear down, flaps up, etc and it recognizes "inbound" or at least it says it does but no one in ATC talks to me.
9:12:19.514 Listening suspended
9:12:19.485 Done.
9:12:19.483 Constructing message...
9:12:19.481 TX4 | AUTO: [ Air Traffic Controller ] ,  [ Inbound ]   
9:12:19.478 There are currently no ATC recipients available.
9:12:19.476 Captured sentence: inbound
9:12:19.476 Have result, identified as command: Inbound
9:12:19.468 Recognized : 'inbound'

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2022, 08:29:09 PM »
If you are not experiencing issues with command recognition, specifically, then as mentioned that warning can be ignored.

To be clear: the message regarding Nahimic is unrelated to the message about "ATC recipients". As also mentioned, that message specifically pertains to the speech recognition engine, which is the component used to recognize spoken commands.
Once a command is recognized, there is no further involvement from the speech recognition engine, and that command is then processed further based on the instructions in the profile, which in this case is a third-party profile.

The "There are currently no ATC recipients available." message you are seeing is not part of VoiceAttack itself. VoiceAttack is merely displaying a message it is instructed to display by a third-party addon, I.E. any logic behind that message would also be part of said third-party addon.

gigem75

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2022, 10:15:33 PM »
It's specifically an Airio command in VaicomPro.  Even though this is a VA forum I was hoping someone here might have some insight into that since quite often both are used together and I've asked just about every other place that might be able to offer a solution.  Sorry to bother you.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2022, 10:58:55 PM »
It's no bother, as VAICOM folks come through here all of the time.  If Pfeil was answering from the same perspective that I was understanding, it didn't appear that it was understood that the problem was not related to the speech engine/recognition/Nahimic.

Hoping your situation can be resolved soon :)