Author Topic: Massive delay for any command for starting or ending dictation mode  (Read 1489 times)

Ru8ey

Hi, i have just gotten a new PC and have a completely fresh install of windows 11, i installed voice attack via steam and installed my HCS profile, trained the speech engine (US english) and got everything working fine, then i added another profile i use for dictating chat messages when using Elite in VR and linked it to the HCS profile, this has worked fine on my old PC, its the same profile but now i have a big delay after the recognition of the command and before it is executed (around 4 seconds) but only for commands that start or end the dication mode, commands that only press keys work completely fine.
I have tested to create a new profile and it is the same there, every command is recognized pretty much instantly and also executed fast, unless it starts or ends dictation mode, then it is still recognized fast but it takes ages to get executed..

VA is running in admin mode, integrated components setting, sending commands to active window and pretty much every other fix people have suggested for this on an older post...

Thanks for any help

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Massive delay for any command for starting or ending dictation mode
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 04:29:04 PM »
Unfortunately that is a very rarely reported issue with the Microsoft speech recognition system.

There isn't really a way to repair the speech recognition system, specifically. Microsoft doesn't offer any tools or methods for it

This type of issue is generally fixed after a Windows repair/reinstall, which tends to be the only thing that works.

Ru8ey

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 01:15:35 AM »
Hi Pfeil, i have seen that you have recommended this to someone else on an older post aswell, he did it and it didnt work, that + considering my install is literally from yesterday i dont really think that will help, guess ill try the MS support or leave it be for now then, but thanks for your help :)

EricM

• VA user since 2017
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 11:24:29 AM »
Hello Ru8ey, perhaps a command like this could work just as good or better than regular dictation for you:

When I Say: 'Type *'

Code: [Select]
Set text [lastSpokenTextBlock] to '{CMD_AFTER}'
Say, '{CMD}'
Quick Input, '{TXT:lastSpokenTextBlock}'

With this command you can say e.g. 'type my message' and it will type "my message".