Author Topic: FFXIV first command help?  (Read 811 times)

Kruis

FFXIV first command help?
« on: October 01, 2022, 01:58:30 AM »
Hello all,
just installed VA.

Can anyone explain me how to create simple commands to interact with FFXIV?

For example, how to use a FFXIV skill or target a party member?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: FFXIV first command help?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2022, 04:52:37 AM »
A quick search engine query suggests that the former can be activated using the numeric row, and the latter via the function keys (F1 to F8).

For simple commands that trigger those functions, you'd want to add a keypress action configured to press and release one of the relevant keys, with the "Hold down for seconds." option set to a value that reliably triggers the ingame function (this value can vary between applications; start with a value like 50ms, and increase or decrease as needed).

Press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer, which contains information on VoiceAttack's features.

Kruis

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022, 11:24:32 AM »
Thank you for reply!

in fact I have already done something like this, what I was asking is how to create macros similar to this (link):

Code: [Select]
Begin Boolean Compare : [isCheckingForWeave] Equals True
  Enqueue command, '.KB Hotbar | Swiftcast' into [weaveQueue] # It's as simple as adding more things to the queue! #
  Enqueue command, '.KB Hotbar | Lucid Dreaming' into [weaveQueue]
Else
  Execute command, '.KB Hotbar | Swiftcast' (and wait until it completes)
  Pause 0,7 seconds
  Execute command, '.KB Hotbar | Lucid Dreaming' (and wait until it completes)
End Condition

From what I can understand, it seems to act directly with the game's skills, doesn't it?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2022, 02:48:53 PM »
No, it does not.

All of that is internal to VoiceAttack, using actions, commands, and variables that only VoiceAttack itself is aware of and interacts with.
There is no communication with the target application other than through keyboard input.

Applications generally don't expose their internal functions and states, and if they do, there are no standardized protocols for that.
In other words, unless the game explicitly offers methods of interaction other than keyboard, mouse, and possible joystick/gamepad input, external applications will need to use the latter to interact with it.
Even if the game does support other methods of interaction, those would most likely be specific to that one application, and require at least some form of custom plugin.
None of that is specific to VoiceAttack.