Author Topic: UNexpected Error  (Read 4179 times)

thomnath1@gmail.com

UNexpected Error
« on: February 01, 2023, 09:07:00 PM »
Hi, I recently purchased Voiceattack through Steam, I have installed it, and when it went to run it I got a few error messages pop up, and then it force closes.
I have tried the steam verification and uninstalled and reinstalled and I am still getting the same error.
Hoping someone has some help for me as I'm keen to use this with Elite.

See attached images for errors.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: UNexpected Error
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 06:56:42 AM »
That could indicate you don't have a working speech recognition engine installed on your machine.

If you search the Windows Start menu for "Windows Speech Recognition", does that application start and work?

thomnath1@gmail.com

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2023, 07:26:33 PM »
No, I didnt. Its now updated and installed it so Microsoft speech recognition will work but still getting same errors from voice attack.

thomnath1@gmail.com

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2023, 07:33:40 PM »
The first error screen says that error occurred within the selected profile. Am I able to load another profile or download a default one to insert?

It makes reference to the value can not be null . Parameter name: collection.

Is this a file that I can find on my PC

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2023, 05:02:37 AM »
VoiceAttack will attempt to create a default profile when it first starts.
That error message indicates the speech recognition system still isn't starting properly, for which one possible explanation is that the profile being loaded contains data that the speech recognition system can't process, which should not be the case with the default profile.

You mention Windows speech recognition will work; did you successfully complete speech recognition training (reading text aloud)?

If you delete the contents of the following directories:
Code: [Select]
%localappdata%\VoiceAttack.com
Code: [Select]
%Appdata%\VoiceAttackdoes that make a difference (you may need to re-enter your registration data; that is normal)?

If you're not sure how to access these directories: Press Win+R to open the "Run" dialog, paste in %localappdata%\VoiceAttack.com, and press enter (or click "OK"); do the same for the second path

thomnath1@gmail.com

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2023, 03:29:26 PM »
So its all working now.

I had to fix the Microsoft Speech recognition software.

Thanks for the help