Author Topic: Won't Run  (Read 3728 times)

wfrayer

Won't Run
« on: August 18, 2022, 07:28:14 AM »
I get the message: "This App won't run on your PC" when I try to run the program. Why? It worked yesterday!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Won't Run
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 07:45:49 AM »
Which version of VoiceAttack are you running (both the version number and whether it's the Steam or the website version)?

Have you tried re-installing VoiceAttack?

Uninstalling shouldn't normally affect your profiles or settings (for VoiceAttack itself), however you may want to back up the files in %Appdata%\VoiceAttack just in case.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 08:06:40 AM »
Very strange.  VA itself doesn't update on its own, so something else has changed on your machine to cause that type of message to be generated.  As Pfeil has mentioned, uninstalling/reinstalling would be the first thing to try.  That would at least help with any type of corruption that may have occurred with one or more of VA's installed components.  From there, you'll want to run a system file scan to possibly repair any dependency components  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system-files-79aa86cb-ca52-166a-92a3-966e85d4094e
You'll want to run both the DISM and sfc steps.  This is good to do from time to time even if you do not detect any issues.

Can you recall anything changing on your machine (Windows update) or any type of crash?

Also, something you'll want to try is rebooting your machine, as that often resolves many issues.

wfrayer

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 11:24:52 AM »
OK, my drive was wiped and the program was lost. I have reinstalled but now I don't know how to get my MSFS voice pak back... This has not been a good day...

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2022, 11:35:58 AM »
For third-party HCS Voice Packs products, you'll want to contact them via their forum, or their Discord

As Gary mentioned, this type of error may occur when the data for an application stored on a disk (HDD or SSD) becomes corrupted, which could indicate that the disk itself is faulty.
It would probably be recommended to use the tools provided by the manufacturer of that disk to perform a full test, and see whether the device is still in good working order.

Before doing so, it would likely also be recommended to perform a test of the system memory (RAM), which can be done by pressing and holding the Windows key on your keyboard, pressing the R key on your keyboard, then after releasing both keys typing or pasting in mdsched, clicking "OK", then choosing "Restart now and check for problems (recommended)".