Author Topic: Have to repeat 2 times my command  (Read 1703 times)

Roover

Have to repeat 2 times my command
« on: August 20, 2022, 06:09:27 PM »
Hi all.

Maybe it's me because my native language is not english.

I have to repeat my command two times to get it accepted by VA.

Is it normal ?

Thank you.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Have to repeat 2 times my command
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2022, 03:16:42 AM »
If it's always, without exception, exactly two times, that would not be normal, no.

If it varies, or the other hand, you'll want to have a look at this topic (the '"VoiceAttack is listening, but what it hears is complete gibberish compared to what I said"' section would be of particular interest)

If speech recognition training does not seem to have much of an effect, you can try adding individual words or phrases to the dictionary, though that is intended more to be used in addition to training, rather than as a replacement.
(Click the wrench icon on VoiceAttack's main window, and on the "Recognition" tab of the VoiceAttack options window click the "Utilities >" button, then choose "Add/Remove Dictionary Words")

Finally, it's worth noting that the speech recognition engines are designed for native accents. E.G. if you're using a US English speech recognition engine, but you don't speak English with a US accent, recognition accuracy is likely to be affected.

There are engines available for a number of languages, which can be installed through the Windows Settings app. There is also Speech Platform 11 if there is no SAPI engine available (or you'd just like to try a different type of engine)

Roover

VA Have to rephrase command twice
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 07:55:59 PM »
Hi all.

Like the title says.

I have to say command twice to be reckon by VA.

Any solution ?

Thanks.

Roover

Re: Have to repeat 2 times my command
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2022, 04:04:16 PM »
Thanks Pfeil.

Will follow your advices and see if it's get better.