Author Topic: Win 11 + VA latest 64-bit - Ivona/Azure TTS not working?  (Read 1586 times)

Globespy

Win 11 + VA latest 64-bit - Ivona/Azure TTS not working?
« on: August 06, 2022, 01:09:13 PM »
I have installed Ivona Joey, won't work.
I also tried Azure text-to-speech (using the neat little plugin from https://github.com/jamescl604/MSCognitiveSpeechForVoiceAttack) which some have reported as working but it also won't work.

Tried changing the main TTS option in Win 11 to Ivona Joey (which I can do), still the same standard VA female voice.
Tried leaving it as default in Windows and same result.
Tried changing Speech Engine in main VA options from default o Ivona, but no option to do that:

In a loaded VA profile, tried changing 'Default TTS' from 'Default' to [hopefully] Ivona but not such options - others have said leave to 'none' but that doesn't work either.

Is there something broken with VA or VA + Win 11?
Why can't I (or others it seems) no longer use custom TTS options other than the built in VA female voice?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Win 11 + VA latest 64-bit - Ivona/Azure TTS not working?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 01:12:04 PM »
Ivona voices would be SAPI voices, not Speech Platform voices.

Try selecting the "Use Built-In SAPI Text-To-Speech Synthesizers" option on the "System / Advanced" tab of the VoiceAttack options window

As shown in your first screenshot (which, as suggested by the "Recognition" tab header, relates to speech recognition, not text-to-speech), you are also using Speech Platform 11 for speech recognition, rather than the built-in (to Windows) SAPI speech recognition system.
Do be aware that this engine does not support all of VoiceAttack's features (mainly anything dictation-based), as noted here.

Globespy

Re: Win 11 + VA latest 64-bit - Ivona/Azure TTS not working?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 01:29:42 PM »
Thank you, will try this after a full uninstall/reinstall