Author Topic: Variable keybinds  (Read 4028 times)

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
Variable keybinds
« on: September 02, 2016, 11:30:21 AM »
A quote from Pfeil "You can use a Text variable(E.G. containing "[ENTER]") to "Quick Input" as a variable keybind."

how?

:)

TheThingIs
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Variable keybinds
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 11:54:56 AM »
If you want to learn all about Quick Input and what's available, just search the help doc for, 'Quick Input' and you should be good to go:  http://www.voiceattack.com/help (also in your install folder).

What I think Pfeil is talking about is instead of having a Key Press action, you could use a Quick Input action that presses one or more buttons at a time and also accepts tokens.  I have it white-boarded to allow single key presses by token or variable, so that might make things a little easier later on.

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
Re: Variable keybinds
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 04:56:09 AM »
ah yes of course (faceplant moment) I see it now :)

is there any way to map an on press shortcut key to a variable? If not, can you add it to the whiteboard too, please, pretty please :D

the ability to dynamically set keybinds in VA is becoming more of an issue, especially for those of us that write and maintain huge profiles. Even more so for commercial use like HCS where users just want the profiles to work for them out of the box as they're all lazy. Writing a plugin to get keybinds from a game is fairly simple but the ability to apply those keybinds to a profile easily is needed.

edit: and a variable to set the time a keypress is pressed for. some commands need to press a key for a period of time, i.e. up thrusters in Elite for 3secs. right now I have to create multiple commands with the same keypress but for varying times.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 05:25:22 AM by TheThingIs »
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.