Author Topic: Recognitioin delays after latest release  (Read 1680 times)

Maxxx

Recognitioin delays after latest release
« on: July 18, 2022, 03:18:10 PM »
Upgraded on 14th July to latest release.
I had also installed some other software in the preceding days, so that could be connected (specifically Peace equalizer)
Now (using it in Elite Dangerous) there are sometimes huge delays between me speaking, and VA recognising/actioning.

Like - I say 'Gear Up' - see nothing on VA for many seconds - by which time I have repeated the command - then VA executes both commands - leading to my gear going up and down like a yo-yo.

I will uninstall the Peace drivers and re-test but thought I would post in the hope someone has experienced something similar

(Incidentally teh equalizer is not set up against the Mic I am using for VA - in  fact that mike is not connected when I am experiencing these issues.)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Recognitioin delays after latest release
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2022, 10:22:08 PM »
Have you tried creating (and training) a new speech recognition profile? Instructions for that can be derived from this topic.

EricM

• VA user since 2017
Re: Recognitioin delays after latest release
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2022, 12:43:03 PM »
I don't have the new version of VA yet; but that happens to me when my CPU usage is too high.

Adding a command to play a (very) small sound when a completed phrase is unrecognized is a good way to tell if VA is hanging or just not recognizing.  You can do that in the profile settings.