Author Topic: Built new PC, now VA not completely working in DCS  (Read 1862 times)

BluE_TS

Built new PC, now VA not completely working in DCS
« on: June 24, 2022, 09:17:52 AM »
Good morning everyone,

Firstly I did a search and didn't see another thread like this so thought I would post this.

I have downloaded the previous version 1.8.7 and am going to try this version today to see if it corrects my problem, and I will update here if it does.  Until then, Here is the issue:

I had a voice attack running on my older PC(build in 2020) and working perfectly in Elite dangerous with the HCS voice packs and in DCS with the Baileys's F18 Profile(with my own mods to it).  all worked incredibly well.  so this year I came into some extra money and decided I was done sharing this pc with my son, and built my own rig.  Once My new pc was completed(specs below)I installed windows 10(not registered) but neither was my older PC.  Installed Steam, downloaded all my games, ED, DCS ect. and voice attack now running 1.8.8. and imported my version of the bailey's f18 profile with all my extra commands. 

PC is running GREAT! Voice attack is picking up my commands recognizing them and in SOME cases but not all executing them. 

What I see is that some of the actions in a sequence are being done, but others are not and it's making Voiceattack un-useable. 

For example, when I say "Hook me up"  it's supposed to lower my launch bar(which is a switch in the cockpit), but doesn't but does press U to do the actual hook up. 
it's like half of the command is being completed, and the other half of the command is being ignored, or not sent to the DCS window.  I have checked each and every voice cmd, and they are all being sent to the default screen or I have in some cases deliberately switch it to send directly to the DCS windows for testing reasons, Either way, neither works.

This is the same with lots of commands, however some work perfectly fine.   I've tried everything, running in Admin mode. Full system reinstall(reformat and install) I have reset all the controls in DCS to default, and I have reinstalled a fresh unmanipulated version of Bailey's f18 profile with non of my mods.  all my HCS voice packs are installed and updated. Voice attack has no problems recognizing my voice or my commands. either VA is not sending to the DCS screen for some reason, or DCS is not responding to it, either way, It's not working properly.

firstly older PC specs where VA was working perfectly.
2020 PC
Ryzen 5
64 gigs of RipJaw Ram 3600
2T Samsung EVO SSD m.2
Asus Radeon 6900XT Video card
MSI b450 Pro max MB
Quest VR headset
x56 Hostas
deepcool 360 liquid cooling AIO

VA worked great on both DCS and Elite dangerous and MS flight Simulator on that PC.

2022 pc build
Ryzen 9 5900X CPU
Asus Tuf x570 pro wifi MB
64 gig of Kingston fury ram I think it's 4400 can't remember off-hand shouldn't matter.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6950 video card
2 Firecuda 2TB m.2 SSD 7300/7300
same controls and VR.
The keyboard is different but for troubleshooting, I used the older keyboard on this PC and still have the same problem.

I have even completely rebuilt my mods for the 18 from scratch into a new profile and i keep getting the same problem they are just half being completed.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Like I mentioned above my voice IS being recognized, but only half the commands are being completed when recognized.

Oh one more thing, when I load up VA from Steam after it is loaded up, the button on the steam window usually says "STOP" instead of "launch"  Though, after a few seconds, it switches back to "Launch" like Steam didn't see it load up or thinks it stopped working.  this happens if I run as admin or not.

Does anyone have ANY ideas? or have encountered this also?

Aside from this one issue, everything else runs AWESOME on this pc. 

Regards

l3luE
cheers.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Built new PC, now VA not completely working in DCS
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 11:57:16 AM »
As you are running the Steam version of VoiceAttack, it should have automatically updated to v1.8.9

There are changes in v1.8.8/v1.8.9 to work around a Windows update that changes the timer resolution of all applications (not just VoiceAttack), which would affect action/command timings.

As you mention running a modified version of Bailey's profile, I'll assume you likely haven't kept that up-to-date with any changes Bailey may have made to adjust for that timing difference.

Make sure you are running the latest version of any third-party addons, including Bailey's profile(s) and any plugins.

BluE_TS

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 03:25:42 PM »
Yeah, it did update that while I was writing that post.  also, it didn't fix the issue, I was hoping it would but Nay. :(

I have the newest bailey's version available, but I've even built my own test profile that just did a few commands similar to the bailey's profile, and also won't finish a full command. 

I have HCS voice packs for ED, they are all updated as of this morning along with VA 1.8.9. 

Timing I'm not sure would be the issue, for example, think of a voice command where you say "Clean up:" voice attack is supposed to Raise my landing gear up and put my flaps into an Auto position, this command works perfectly, but if I say "Taxi light on" it's supposed to flip just one switch in my cockpit, it won't do it.  very basically that is what's happening.  only with all my commands for the most part. 

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 03:45:30 PM »
Have you tried any of the HCS commands in Elite or MSFS?

BluE_TS

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 03:51:00 PM »
I haven't, and only because I haven't really played them in a while, and would have to go set up all the keybinds for those as well.  I will do that once I get over this bout of covid.  Though the HCS voice packs aren't being used for DCS in any way, I know this because I didn't have them installed nor the games for that matter on the older pc before I switched, as I wasn't playing them at the time due to SSD space restrictions due to my son having his games all installed on the drive too.  he wasn't using VA at all for any of his games.  Also, the bailey f18 profile worked without those installed on the previous machine. 

This all started around the same time as the VA 1.8.8 update and the new PC build were pretty much at the same time.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 03:57:26 PM »
The reason I asked is because I wanted to see if this was specific to DCS or if you've got other issues.

Can you post the text of the smallest command that exhibits this behavior?  You'll have to forgive me - I haven't heard of anything like what you're describing.  You can post either a screenshot or copy the text (select all actions, right click 'copy  all as text') and paste here.

Just shooting from the hip in the meantime - have you tried exporting your profile and then re-importing?  Wondering if there's some level of corruption going on.

BluE_TS

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2022, 10:44:30 PM »
I will,

I can tell you that the smallest command that doesn't work that I have found so far is "Spread them"  3right mouse clicks to spread out the 18 wings, which does work, then the mouse wheel up to lock the wings, which doesn't work.

I will get screens next time i'm playing