Author Topic: Mic not on  (Read 2910 times)

wfrayer

Mic not on
« on: June 08, 2022, 12:17:42 PM »
I am getting a red mic icon (meaning no mic) though I have one in my HP Reverb G2. It sometimes works and sometimes it is not recognized. What am I doing wrong?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Mic not on
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 12:55:54 PM »
The red microphone in the top-right corner indicates that the speech engine is reporting that it has no audio signal. 

You'll want to take a look at this thread for more information on how to correct that:  https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=63.0

Hope that helps!

wfrayer

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 02:22:51 PM »
No, mic was working yesterday, but not today. I got a message that said VoiceAttack was improperly shutdown and now I have no mic. This is the message I get: Plugins are disabled. You must enable them in the VoiceAttack options for this profile to operate correctly.

I am puzzled by this. My computer still thinks I am using an oculus headset when I am not. I now am using the HP Reverb G2. It has worked fine for a week. I have done nothing different. Don't know where to go from here. I will check out the link.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2022, 02:29:17 PM »
The message regarding plugin support is most likely unrelated to any microphone issues.

You'll want to make sure the "Enable Plugin Support" option on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window is enabled (checked), as the log message mentions.

If there are still Oculus devices displayed by Windows, the drivers for that device are still installed. If you have no further need for the Oculus software, you may want to uninstall that (which should also uninstall the drivers).

wfrayer

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 02:32:02 PM »
Ok, now I feel like a real idiot...I switched the input to the computer generic sound chip microphone (in my case Microphone (Realtek USB2.0 Audio) and I am back in business. I write this in hopes it may help someone else!

Sorry to bother with such a simple problem, but sometimes I can't see the forest for all the stupid trees in my way!

wfrayer

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2022, 02:33:55 PM »
Pfiel, thanks. I will certainly do that. I am lazy with house cleaning chores when adding new equipment...

wfrayer

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2022, 04:51:45 PM »
Still not working.  The app senses my speech,  but does not carry out the command. I get this error Plugins are disabled

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2022, 04:53:02 PM »
You'll want to make sure the "Enable Plugin Support" option on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window is enabled (checked), as the log message mentions.

wfrayer

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2022, 06:22:31 AM »
Pfeil, thanks, that was it. I did not know about that switch. Never had to check it before. Live and learn!