Author Topic: Fails To Open after First Screen  (Read 2265 times)

Larty737

Fails To Open after First Screen
« on: May 25, 2022, 12:28:35 AM »
G'day,
I have been using VA with Win 7 together with PrePar3D Flight Sim for quite some time successfully. I have changed to Window 10 and now VA does not open key stroke/s commands after the Ctrl+F12 Menu. All spoken commands for sounds to be played are working fine. I am running as Administrator ( From the Settings menu ). .... Puzzled ??
Screen shot attached.
Regards

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Fails To Open after First Screen
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 02:50:34 AM »
Is this a profile you have created yourself, or from a third-party (user)?

There is no delay at all between pressing Ctrl-F12 and pressing the next key in the sequence, which may be too fast for the target application.

Try adding a short pause between the two (E.G. starting with something like 100ms).

Larty737

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2022, 10:13:55 AM »
G,day
Thanks for the prompt reply.
  The profile is generated by me for use in my B737 -800 cockpit with Prepar3D and the GSX ground Services.
I figured it may have been something like adding a pause between opening the F12 menu and the command. I have tried adding various  pauses from 0.1 to 1.0 seconds with mixed results. I found that if the F12 menu was active on the screen, the keyboard inputs were not activating the command. I can activate the command by mouse clicking on the relevant key number line on the F12 menu. All really odd !!!!
I have attached my latest profile.
Regards

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2022, 03:59:17 PM »
If you perform the same inputs using your physical keyboard (I.E. pressing the relevant keys yourself, manually), does that work?

Larty737

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2022, 10:29:23 PM »
G'day,
Not sure that my reply got through as I don't see it here.
Basically I was confusing the issue here by referring to a third party situation.
Any first voice command for the third party app. menu opens it OK -  From there number key strokes ( 1 to 7 ) are applied for various ground services to be executed at an airport in the sim. These are the Num. keys above the letters on the keyboard. (Or from a keypad on the flight deck" Flight Management Computer" . These subsequent key strokes don't appear to be recognised by VA. They are not activated by the physical keyboards either.
I run VA as Administrator...checked in the VA  settings.
The voice commands for "Sounds" to be played works fine. (For the phantom 1St. Officer to reply to my checklist readout !!!)
When time permits I will persevere.with various settings......I have attached my latest Profile.

Regards
Les

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2022, 12:00:54 AM »
When you say "These subsequent key strokes don't appear to be recognised by VA", are you referring to keystrokes that would trigger VoiceAttack commands, or to keystrokes sent by VoiceAttack intended to trigger functions in a third-party application?

From your screenshots I assumed it to be that latter, in which case if physical keystrokes don't have any effect, keystrokes sent by VoiceAttack or another application aren't going to have an effect either

That'd be something perhaps the author of the target application would need to look into

Larty737

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2022, 12:12:41 AM »
Well.....
Tried a few things and have come up with what may be a reason...
The spoken command brings up the first menu of the third party app.  If any one of the numbered lines or actions on that menu is highlighted on the screen, or selected ,  VA will not activate that command. !?!?!?  If I "deselect" that line and speak the command again it appears to activate, as well as being able to activate from the keyboard.
I have not found the reason for a random line command in the first menu of the app. to be highlighted.
Not sure if setting the target window has any effect on this ??? Just a thought.

Regards
Les

Larty737

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2022, 12:20:31 AM »
Thanks for your reply which arrived as I was posting.
Yes to the first para.
All of this was working as it should when it was on the Windows 7 machine. The problem only cropped up when I reinstalled all the sim. programs onto a window10 machine.
Going by what I just posted, I am sure it is not a VA problem. It must be the way the third party  "GSX" menus handle it.
However, sometimes these discussions may help others......
I feel quite alone in the cockpit without my beloved VA working !!!!!!!

Thanks
Regards
Les

Larty737

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2022, 03:56:30 AM »
Just had another go .....
It appears to be working OK now .... PROVIDED that the open window or "Target Window" does not contain a line highlighted by a mouse click. Once the opened menu from the spoken command was clear of the highlight the key presses were activated OK in sequence.
Still a bit of a work in progress... But my First Officer has returned from his toilet break !!! and all is happy on the flight deck.
Thanks for the input.
Regards
Les