Author Topic: DougDoug  (Read 2116 times)

Mikeyb

DougDoug
« on: May 04, 2022, 06:37:12 PM »
so I am this close to recreating DougDoug's "every time I say dragon 10 dragons spawn" idea but voiceattack isn't being noticed when it inputs something.

I think the issue is that voice attack is trying to perform a standard input while Skyrim is looking for DirectX inputs.

"select the keypress action and click, 'Edit'. Notice at the bottom of the 'Edit a Keypress' screen, you can change the change the key input method." thing is I can't find the change the key input method section, the "edit a keypress screen simply ends at the "variable keypress setup"

I'm very close and this last thing seems to be the only hurdle left.
thank you in advance.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: DougDoug
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 06:56:41 PM »
Hi, there

There is no 'DirectX Input' any longer.  It was replaced years ago with the current system (there were specific reasons why VA had two sets of inputs years ago, but it went away in version 1.6).

What we would need to see is the rest of the command -  A 'press key down' should be followed by a 'release key' action (using the same key), as well as a small pause between the 'press key down' and 'release key' actions:

Press Num 8 key down
Pause 0.1 second
Release Num 8 key

You can play with that pause a bit (increase/decrease) to see what works best.  The pause is necessary in games as they often work on a polling mechanism to see when keys are down.  If there is no pause (or a pause that is too short), the game might not see the key being down as it is occurring too quickly.  Just making an assumption here, as this is something that occurs a lot.

Hope that helps!

(If not, take a look at this thread, as it's helped many over the years):  https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=53.0

Mikeyb

Re: DougDoug
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 08:04:53 PM »
fixed thank you