Author Topic: Nahimic app detected Warning - how do you turn it off?  (Read 4475 times)

MikeJeffries

Nahimic app detected Warning - how do you turn it off?
« on: March 12, 2022, 05:01:39 AM »
Hello!

I started to get this warning each time i open VA and it happened after i got a warning that my VA file got corrupted and needed to be reset, so i did that.
How do I turn the warning off? It's not affecting the experience either way, but i did have it hidden before so i dont know why it's popping back up.
The warning says:
6:59:26.264 Nahimic app detected.  This may cause conflicts with VoiceAttack.  This warning can be turned off via the Options screen.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Nahimic app detected Warning - how do you turn it off?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 10:20:48 AM »
Have you had a look through the options screen and/or the documentation (press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer)?

As the log entry mentions, it can be disabled using the VoiceAttack Options window, and as the documentation suggests, that would be using the "Show Third-Party App Warnings" option on the "System / Advanced" tab.

The message you saw regarding file corruption would have pertained to your configuration file, I.E. the file that stores most of the settings that aren't specific to a given profile, including the one for that warning, which is enabled by default, and as such was enabled when the default settings were restored to recover from the corrupt file.

File corruption is very rare, so if this occurs more than once, you'll want to check whether your machine is in good health (or have someone else check for you), including hardware like RAM and HDDs/SSDs.