Author Topic: VR Controls with VA?(solved)  (Read 1124 times)

Tooterbooter

• I use VoiceAttack for VR games.
VR Controls with VA?(solved)
« on: March 08, 2022, 10:47:35 PM »
I know there was a thread about this in 2018, but it has been 4 years since then.
Is there any way for Voice Attack to read and/or give VR controller inputs that work today?

I use Voice Attack to supplement controls in VR, and it's severely limiting to not be able to feed controller inputs into Voice Attack.
If it helps, I use Index controllers and run through SteamVR.
I can rebind controls to other functions on a controller, but I'm not aware of any way to translate it to a keyboard press, or I would have just gone through the trouble to do that for specific games.

I also use OVR Toolkit which is software that allows me to view and interact with desktop windows in VR via a virtual keyboard and pointing with a controller to click, but I cannot hold a button down. If I must, I'm sure there's some way to use that software to give a non-verbal command to voice attack. Preferably though, I would like to use VR controls.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 01:15:34 PM by Tooterbooter »
-Tooter

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VR Controls with VA?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 12:12:55 PM »
Not natively, no.

Search engine results bring up this utility, which allows you to have a VR controller button press output a keyboard keypress, when using OpenVR.