Author Topic: Star Citizen error code 16008  (Read 4298 times)

DougMasters

Star Citizen error code 16008
« on: February 26, 2022, 10:44:21 AM »
Hello community. I have this issue entered over at Star Citizen's issue council right now, however, I figured I would ask a troubleshooting question here as well.

I had been using Voice Attack with Star Citizen with an HCS Voice pack, Kate to be specific. This had been working for several days with no issues. One day I started getting a persistent error code when trying to launch Star Citizen that only happens when I use Voice Attack. the error message is as follows.

ERROR- CIG services (CODE 16008) Account data update failed.
Synchronizing account data with the game network either failed or timed out

Now, this is most certainly an issue with Star Citizen as, well, Star Citizen is Star Citizen.

With that being said I would like to double check Voice Attack. Is there a way to confirm or verify that everything with Voice Attack is as it should be?

Thank you.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Star Citizen error code 16008
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 10:52:50 AM »
Have you tried disabling plugin support?

Click the wrench icon on VoiceAttack's main window, and on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window uncheck the "Enable Plugin Support" option, click "OK", click "OK", then restart VoiceAttack

VoiceAttack itself does not interface directly with any target application in a manner that should cause this type of error message.

You are, however, using a third-party addon specifically designed to interface with the application the issue is occurring with.

The authors of that product can be contacted via their forum, or their Discord

DougMasters

Re: Star Citizen error code 16008
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 05:03:26 PM »
I will try that, and will look into the HCS site.

It did not occur to me that HCS would be the issue, thank you for that suggestion.