Author Topic: v1.5.12.2 beta crashing using audio switch  (Read 6172 times)

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
v1.5.12.2 beta crashing using audio switch
« on: August 09, 2016, 10:31:34 AM »
The audio options are a great and welcome addition to VA. Unfortunately every time I issue it as a command, whether switching audio, mic or both, VA crashes with a .net error.

Do u need more info?

TheThingIs
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 10:38:38 AM by TheThingIs »
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: v1.5.10.12 beta crashing using audio switch
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 10:39:31 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up.  Have you tried on startup?  Let me know if it does or doesn't work there if you can.

Also, which version of Windows are you running?  Please post the .net exception you are getting either here or to me at support@voiceattack.com.

Thanks for helping out ;)

Gary

• Administrator
Re: v1.5.12.2 beta crashing using audio switch
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 11:02:45 AM »
Also, could you try the, 'change now' for your different devices from the options screen? 

Are you seeing an exception such as, 'HRSULT E_FAIL' has been returned from a call to a COM component?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 01:44:01 PM »
No crashes here(Windows 7/Creative onboard sound). The only noticeable thing is that switching recording devices will briefly interrupt playback, but it's very minor.

On the memory leak in "{STATE_DEFAULTPLAYBACK}", is this relevant(let alone useful)?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 05:00:58 PM »
Thanks for that.  Actually, the memory leak is all the way down to getting the property store out of the multimedia device.  It's as low as I could get.  I plan to beat on it some more to see if there is an alternate way to get the info needed, but for now it's a small leak that could present itself if you access that token constantly (like tens of thousands of times).  It wouldn't be anything in a normal situation, but I could see somebody polling and using that.

In regards to the input lag, when the default input device is changed, VA reconnects the speech engine and depending on activity might present a lag.

Thank you for checking it out for me!

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 06:57:41 PM »
I bolstered up the error trapping in the command execution department.  I put a build out in the, 'unofficial' bin if you want to try it:  http://www.voiceattack.com/unofficial

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 01:43:34 PM »
Does this continue to crash or has this settled down with the latest betas?  I put another beta out today that checks if VA crashes improperly (and offers up the load options screen).  It's there to make sure you don't get permanently locked out of VA due to crashes from options.

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 04:04:26 PM »
latest .11 beta seems to be working great now! One small issue though, the red microphone disabled symbol stays on when switching mics but the mic works fine
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.