Author Topic: Voice command stuck in endless loop  (Read 2428 times)

jarvismac

Voice command stuck in endless loop
« on: February 13, 2022, 03:26:41 PM »
Hi
new user here, VA installed and recognising voice commands perfectly. Im using it in Flight Simulator 2010 but my problem is easily uncounted while just running VA

Not all but some of the commands i have set up, are stuck on endless loop.

ie. i have set it, so if say "autopilot on" it engages autopilot and tells me so BUT it endlessly keeps saying "autopilot on, autopilot on, autopilot on" never ends.

I have left it the command on default repeating setting as in 'Execute only once'

Please see screenshot showing the repeating loop and also showing all available info.
It also strangely loads up GeforceExperience screen despite me closing the application, i guess the keystroke 'Left Alt and Z' must be a shortcut for GeForce but strange how opens when the app is closed.

thanks for any guidance

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Voice command stuck in endless loop
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 03:30:43 PM »
You appear to have a crosstalk issue. The audio from your playback device is likely getting picked up by the recording device you're using for speech recognition, and the speech recognition engine is hearing the text-to-speech "autopilot on" as a spoken command.

Click the wrench icon on VoiceAttack's main window, and on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window click "System info >", choose "Generate Settings Summary", then "Write to File"; Save the file and upload it here.

jarvismac

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 03:37:18 PM »
Thanks Pfeil

Makes perfect sense, VA is hearing my speaker read aloud the command given, so repeats into endless loop.

Easy fix is to change the confirmation wording

Settings summary attached in case something else

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 03:46:17 PM »
Ah. Yes, if you are using speakers, especially combined with a studio-style microphone, that is one of the worst-case scenarios for speech recognition in general.

You may find that the speech recognition system cannot work accurately depending on what is being played back through your speakers (just as it likely wouldn't if you were standing next to an actual jet engine ;))

A (USB) headset with microphone mounted to it is the recommended configuration.