Author Topic: Voice Recognition Accuracy  (Read 3983 times)

BSpike

Voice Recognition Accuracy
« on: August 28, 2016, 05:58:24 AM »
Hi,

I've been using DWVAC for years.A few days ago I decided to buy VA and found it very flexible in building professional profiles and immediately put VAC away and started using VoiceAttack.

The only problem I am encountering with, is the voice recognition accuracy. AFAIK softwares like VA, VAC etc. are not voice recognition softwares and all of them are using the Windows or any other OS's built in voice recognition feature. that means there must not be any deference between their voice recognition abilities.(please correct me if I'm wrong) 

with VAC I didn't have any single problem regarding the recognition accuracy even with long phrases including 7-8 words but now in VA I have very annoying hassles with recognition accuracy even with very short phrases.

Since despite VAC, VoiceAttack has plenty of settings inside, I think there most be something to do with settings to have it sorted out.

please let me know if there is any advice in this regards.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Voice Recognition Accuracy
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 08:40:24 AM »
You will want to adjust the controls on the recognition panel of the options screen to fit your needs.  What I've read about that other software is that it's performance is more akin to setting the command weight closer to 100.