Author Topic: Mixing back his VoiceAttack command in Windows recordings  (Read 1925 times)

E_RAMEL

• 😊 VoiceAttack saves my wrists 👍🏻
    • Landscop design - Paysagistes
Mixing back his VoiceAttack command in Windows recordings
« on: February 09, 2022, 06:19:50 AM »
Hello,
I have a problem returning the sound emitted by Voiceattack in the recording of Windows sounds.
It looks like the sound played is mixed with the microphone input.
This produces command loops, for example when I say "control" and VoiceAttack returns the "Control" sound in my headset.
I specify that it is not the microphone that directly records the sound of the speakers, but the sound of windows that goes directly into "recording".
I don’t seasonal if I’m clear enough in my explanations … feel free to ask me for clarification.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Sincerely.
Edgar

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Mixing back his VoiceAttack command in Windows recordings
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 08:36:11 AM »
If your recording device is picking up sounds from a playback device, there is a crosstalk issue somewhere, either physically/electrically, or in software.

When VoiceAttack isn't running, and you play back audio, does the volume bar (E.G. in the "Sound" applet of the Windows control panel, or the "Sound" page of the Windows Settings app) of your recording device move?

E_RAMEL

• 😊 VoiceAttack saves my wrists 👍🏻
    • Landscop design - Paysagistes
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 10:17:50 AM »
Hello Pfeil,
Thank you for your answer.
The microphone indicator "potentiometer" bars do not move when Windows is playing sounds (VoiceAttack or Deezer) but if for example I record a new custom word for voice dictation, you can hear a background noise or snippets of words in the background behind my voice.
I never noticed this until now ...
I saw on the internet that the Realtek drivers can cause problems depending on where you plug in the microphone jack. I recently changed my microphone, I'll see if it could be due to this.
If you have any other leads, I'm interested.
Best regards.
Edgar

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 10:22:25 AM »
If you have the old microphone/headset (or just another one) it could be worth checking whether that also exhibits the issue.

You'll also want to check whether your sound card drivers are up-to-date