Author Topic: Cleaning up old variables saved to the profile  (Read 2187 times)

JGFarris

• My Facebook Page
Cleaning up old variables saved to the profile
« on: January 07, 2022, 03:26:48 PM »
So I'm going through my ED profile and getting rid of a lot of things that are no longer being used. A lot of variables have been created and saved to the profile. If I get rid of all references to these variables, will the contents still be saved or lost in the profile?

Let me be specific. Let's say I create a variable called "landing-gear" and I save the contents of that variable to the profile. Then I then delete all references to "landing-gear". But what if later, I started using that same variable name again, if I tried to recall its contents from the profile, would it still be there ready to be retrieved? If so, there's a lot of dead weight of got to clean up.

Thanks for your help.
Jerry Farris, Jr.
Entrepreneur, Programmer and Disability Advocate
jerry@jerryfarris.com

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Cleaning up old variables saved to the profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 03:35:04 PM »
Once you save a value to the profile, it remains there until it's explicitly removed. It is an independent piece of data, so whether there is a variable with the same identifier, or references to such a variable, does not affect it.

Deleting a value saved to the profile should be possible by setting the value of a variable with the same name and datatype to "Not set" (I.E. clearing its value, so there is no value), and using the "Save value to profile" option.

Otherwise, all values of one or more given types can be deleted using the "Clear Saved Values from Profile" action.

Note that values saved to the profile database are not exported with a profile.

JGFarris

• My Facebook Page
Re: Cleaning up old variables saved to the profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 04:03:39 PM »
Thank you. That's exactly what I needed to know. :-)
Jerry Farris, Jr.
Entrepreneur, Programmer and Disability Advocate
jerry@jerryfarris.com