Author Topic: hmm either VA or VC gone dodgy  (Read 1621 times)

ollyk2

hmm either VA or VC gone dodgy
« on: December 30, 2021, 08:41:09 AM »
Hi folks, so I reinstalled voice attack after a corrupted profile. Went through the whole setup again but when I run VA in DCS it appears to be communicating at some level, I see the aircraft I am flying in the window along with other details, it also recognises my commands, and I get the positive beep too, however, nothing happens!

Tried resetting VAICOM and the lua files, tried importing new commands...

How can I determine where things have stopped working?

Thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: hmm either VA or VC gone dodgy
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 11:00:46 AM »
If commands are recognized, VoiceAttack itself would appear to be working. How input is sent to the game is determined by the third-party profile you're using, VoiceAttack follows those instructions.

You can disable plugin support (click the wrench icon on VoiceAttack's main window, and on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window uncheck the "Enable Plugin Support" option, click "OK", click "OK", then restart VoiceAttack), create a new empty profile containing a single command that targets the active window, which uses a keypress action to press a single key for at least 100ms, E.G. "G" to extend/retract landing gear, and test that command ingame, to see whether keypresses can reach the target application.

As mentioned previously, VAICOM can be contacted via their support page, which lists a thread on the Eagle Dynamics forums, and an email address.

There is an unofficial, community-run Discord as well, which may be able to assist with certain issues.