Author Topic: Mic not connecting at Startup  (Read 1716 times)

blindside_o0

Mic not connecting at Startup
« on: December 05, 2021, 08:43:40 AM »
Hello again!
My computer sound input is set to Scarlet 2i2 (Focusrite Usb Audio)
I boot up VoiceAttack (either with "at startup" or manual load)
VoiceAttack prompts me for user access control (I click yes)
Voice attack loads and the plugin for EDDI 4.0.1 initializes
The sound visualization (I have no idea what the sound scale thing is called) does not show up on the bottom and nothing is recognized.
I click the settings wrench
I click cancel without doing anything
The sound visualization and audio now is recognized... :-\
Any Ideas? Once I have a solution, I will change the subject to solved. Thanks (Pfeil or someone else ^-^ )

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Mic not connecting at Startup
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 03:15:26 PM »
Opening and closing the Options window would reset the speech recognition engine, so that suggests the engine either isn't starting correctly the first time around, or it's listening to the wrong device initially

Has this always happened?

Is the "Windows Speech Recording Device" option on the "Recognition" tab of the VoiceAttack options window set to use the "Default - " device?

Do you have any other recording devices available? Hold the Ctrl key and click the wrench icon on VoiceAttack's main window, then on the "Recording" tab of the "Sound" applet, see if there are other devices enabled (I.E. not grayed out)

One other thing you can try, especially if this wasn't happening before, is creating a new speech recognition profile, as described here.

blindside_o0

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 09:52:15 AM »
Additional Information: I do have VoiceMeeter allows me to take 2 outputs (a microphone a soundboard for example ;) ) and output them to the same "recording device". This allows me to play sounds through a game so others can hear them, that is if I ever set it up again. From what I remember, this issue showed up later than the reinstall of VoiceMeeter.

Has this always happened?
No. I think I only started having the problems after installing the VoiceAttack beta update.

Is the "Windows Speech Recording Device" option on the "Recognition" tab of the VoiceAttack options window set to use the "Default - " device?
Yes

Do you have any other recording devices available?
Yes. I have VoiceMeeter Potato and a VB-Audio Virtual Cable for the setup I mentioned in the additional information. but the Microphone itself is set to default "Scarlet 2i2 (Focusrite Usb Audio)"

One other thing you can try, especially if this wasn't happening before, is creating a new speech recognition profile...
I understood the instructions, created the profile, did not restart my computer but did restart VoiceAttack but came up with the same result. It's like the system only initializes after I hit the wrench.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2021, 10:00:35 AM »
If you go back to the current full release version (v1.8.9), does the issue still occur?

blindside_o0

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2021, 03:01:54 PM »
Apparently the issue persists. So I will try uninstalling Voicemeeter and Virtual Audio Cable and see what happens. I'll get back to you

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2021, 07:09:51 PM »
By all means give that a try, but do you recall which version of VoiceAttack you updated to the beta from, initially? And, perhaps more importantly, whether that installation was 64bit or 32bit?

blindside_o0

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2021, 10:22:05 AM »
I believe I was on 1.8.9 64bit
Update! I uninstalled the virtual audio cable and VoiceMeeter. At startup, VoiceAttack AND Windows Speech Recognition both attempt to boot up.
Note: Windows Speech Recognition has never showed up at startup before.
I stopped Windows Speech Recognition from booting at startup and now IT WORKS.
I reloaded VB-Audio Cable and VoiceMeeter. I set the windows defaults and there was no issue with VoiceAttack.
All Good now. Thank you again Pfeil
is it pronounced like Fail or like Vial?