Author Topic: X-Plane 11 - Comms/Nav Radio Tuning?  (Read 1721 times)

Zcat

X-Plane 11 - Comms/Nav Radio Tuning?
« on: October 12, 2021, 07:24:34 PM »
I'm new so please excuse my lack of knowledge.  I'm trying to create a profile for X-Plane 11 comms/nav radio tuning.  I'm not computer/programming savvy so this (and the manual) is coming hard for me.  My problem is when I use Track IR the view bobbles around too much so that when you try to tune the comm radio or the nav radio using the mouse wheel, you end up zooming and unzooming the view and it's just a real pain.  So my question is this... is it possible to use VoiceAttack to tune the radios in X-Plane 11?

As of now I'm rending my clothing and speaking in tongues trying to figure this out.  I just need to know if it's possible or not.  LOL of course, any specific help is greatly appreciated.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: X-Plane 11 - Comms/Nav Radio Tuning?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 07:35:38 PM »
The third-party SPAD.neXt software has a VoiceAttack plugin which should allow you to set ingame values.

Otherwise, you could consider freezing TrackIR and/or making use of saved camera views to make sure the mouse cursor can consistently be moved to an appropriate location, while the command is running (E.G. have VoiceAttack freeze TrackIR, move to a specific camera view, perform the adjustment, then move to the normal camera and activate TrackIR again)

Zcat

Re: X-Plane 11 - Comms/Nav Radio Tuning?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 04:31:23 AM »
Heya Pfeil!

Thanks for the response.  I think I'll give the "freeze TrackIR" a shot first.  LOL I've been bleeding money into X-Plane for a few years and I'm kinda done with that.  While another $25 won't break the bank I've really been thinking of getting rid of X-Plane and switching to MSFS...  Total lack of support from X-Plane.  As soon as they release a DC-3 and/or a DC-4 for MSFS I'm shaking X-Plane dirt off my shoes and running.

Again, thanks for the response.  The freeze solution isn't optimal but I think it'll work well.