Author Topic: Want to make it so that every vowel plays a keybind  (Read 1759 times)

Anatoli001

Want to make it so that every vowel plays a keybind
« on: September 16, 2021, 11:08:25 AM »
As the title says, I want to have 6 commands that play anytime I say a vowel, trouble is any time I start speaking, it recognizes one, and then doesn't play anything else until I completely stop talking which is rather annoying cause I'm so close yet so far to my goal. I tried all 3 recognition options, and they all yield similar results.

Attached is one of the vowels but they're all the same, just different "when i say" lines and button presses.

Did anyone get any ideas on a fix?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Want to make it so that every vowel plays a keybind
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 11:14:17 AM »
You could try using wildcards, which does potentially allow the recognition of multiple commands in a single phrase

Though, you may find recognition accuracy to be substantially less than with predefined commands, as it relies on the speech recognition engine freely recognizing not just words, but single letters, without any context.

Speech recognition in general works best with complete phrases, which provide a fair amount of data for the system to work with. Single words, let alone letters, are not an ideal scenario, by any means.

Anatoli001

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 11:29:26 AM »
Im not using it for the recognition part, in fact I want it to be a little inaccurate, I'm using it to make soundboard stuff easier and handsfree

I need it for RP purposes, to play characters that don't 'speak' but more make sounds. RN i have it so that when I press a button on my VR controller, it presses a random key from an array of keys, and each key in that array is linked to a specific sound on the soundboard.

If I could make that process handsfree, and just speak as if people could understand me, it feel it would make the sounds more believable, cause then I can just speak instead of pushing a button when i think it makes sense to.

Also, what are wildcards and how do I use em?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 11:32:02 AM »
Press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer. The "Wildcards" subsection of the "Command Screen" section contains information on that feature.

Anatoli001

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 11:44:23 AM »
It still just stops accepting imputs after I start talking. It only recognises one of the 6 commands and just doesn't do any others unless I stop speaking. if- I- speak- in- This- Way- then it plays a command every single time I stop, but that's not what I need

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 11:47:14 AM »
Set the recognition option to "Normal"

Anatoli001

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2021, 11:51:00 AM »
That just plays every single command after I stop talking. I need it to play the commands as they appear in my speach

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2021, 11:58:06 AM »
It's either one or the other. The speech recognition engine will wait until you stop speaking before starting the next recognition cycle with either of the "Continuous Speech" options, or it will wait for you to stop speaking before attempting recognition with the "Normal" option.

Anatoli001

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2021, 12:00:12 PM »
Damnit. Well, I guess I gotta keep looking for a program to use. Thanks anyway I suppose.