Author Topic: Start VoiceAttack Listening Off  (Read 1798 times)

E_RAMEL

• 😊 VoiceAttack saves my wrists 👍🏻
    • Landscop design - Paysagistes
Start VoiceAttack Listening Off
« on: September 12, 2021, 02:46:57 AM »
Hello,
Is there a function or solution for VoiceAttack starts in without listening mode of the microphone?
Indeed, often I launch the PC and is not next to the time it starts or then in a distance desktop, and the microphone interprets the sounds it captures and launches erroneous commands.
I did not see this possibility in the voiceattack basic option, and did not find how to create a command that starts when starting the program.
Thank you in advance if you have the solution.
Regards.
Edgar

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Start VoiceAttack Listening Off
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 06:16:29 AM »
There is currently no explicit option to set the listening state on startup, however there are a few ways to achieve that effect:

You can start VoiceAttack with the "-listeningoff" command line option (you can add this to the shortcut you use to start VoiceAttack, assuming it's a shortcut directly to the executable)

You can configure a command at the profile level, that runs when that profile is loaded as the active profile, using the "Execute a command each time this profile is loaded" option, which would disable listening

You can configure a command at the profile level, that runs when that profile is unloaded while it was the active profile, using the "Execute a command each time this profile is unloaded" option, which would disable listening

In case of either command, you'd want to either check the previous profile using the "{PREVIOUSPROFILE}" token, or the next profile using the "{NEXTPROFILE}" token, respectively, to check whether VoiceAttack is starting up or shutting down, so the listening state isn't changed each time the profile is loaded (though note that if you reload the profile without having first switched to another profile, "{PREVIOUSPROFILE}" will return blank as well)

Also note that this only applies to a single profile. You'd need to either set this up in all your profiles, or have the command run at startup while setting that profile to load on startup using the "Load Profile on Startup" option on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window.

Lastly, if you set the "Recognition Global Hotkey" option to either "VoiceAttack listens while keys are down", or "Listen then stop listening after recognition completes", VoiceAttack should start with listening suspended.
Note that if you have this option set to "VoiceAttack stops listening while buttons are down", the inverse effect should apply, and may interfere with the other methods listed.

E_RAMEL

• 😊 VoiceAttack saves my wrists 👍🏻
    • Landscop design - Paysagistes
Re: Start VoiceAttack Listening Off
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 12:37:52 AM »
Hello Pfeil,

Thank you very much for your detailed answer.

I used -ListeningOff in the voiceattack shortcuts and that exactly corresponds to what I was looking for.

Have a great day.

Regards.

Edgar