Author Topic: How Do I Configure Profile To Make Active Window?  (Read 1130 times)

slicker55

How Do I Configure Profile To Make Active Window?
« on: August 19, 2021, 02:16:45 PM »
My X-Plane flight sim runs on a three-monitor setup configured in AMD Eyefinity as a single monitor 5760x1920
I also have a separate touch-screen for flight planning software, ATC, charts etc...
I have been using my custom VA profile for a long time and it works great provided that if I'm doing anything on the touchscreen, I remember to click on the main monitor (running X-Plane) before issuing further voice commands.
Is there any way to configure my profile globally to 'make X-Plane the active monitor' before sending a new command?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: How Do I Configure Profile To Make Active Window?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 02:20:09 PM »
If you set the "Send commands to this target" option at the profile level to the target application, VoiceAttack will attempt to bring that window into focus before sending input, provided that option isn't overridden at the command level (I.E. "Send command to this target:" is unchecked).

slicker55

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 02:49:23 PM »
Thank you...
I really appreciate such a fast response... amazing really  :)
I checked quite a few similar posts before posing a new question and have seen references to 'Send commands to this target'... actually, I checked my profile and have already found where the information needs to go, but to be honest I'm still confused... I found the drop-down list and the closest reference appears to be X-System (not sure what that is)... do I need to type something in that box?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2021, 03:47:01 PM »
You can try that. If "X-Plane" has an executable, you could also try using its name, should "X-System" not work

slicker55

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2021, 04:08:04 PM »
Awsome... simply typing X-Plane did the trick  :)

Many thanks ... brilliant