Author Topic: Audio Output Type Bug?  (Read 2177 times)

Malic

Audio Output Type Bug?
« on: August 04, 2021, 11:41:11 AM »
My audio system is a bit odd due to my streaming set up.

I have a dual PC set up, with my mic going to the streaming computer.  I am then using Voicemeeter to send the mic audio though my network via their VBAN for the game computer to hear it.  Both computers are running voice attack, stream computer doing commands for OBS and music, and then game stuff on the Game PC

Basicly audio comes in, and gets routed to Vocemeeters Virtual Audio Cable, and that is what the game PC listens for as its mic input

So the issue I discovered.  I just installed the newest version of Voice Attack (v1.8.9) on the game computer and suddenly I was not getting any audio recognition at all.

Have been fighting just trying to get it to work, get the little bars to move on the Windows Sound settings, tried all the different combinations, but even at the Windows level was not getting anything.

What I found that fixed it was changing Audio Ouput Type in VA, which was set to Integrated Components, to Windows Media Components, and suddenly everything worked as expected, and then changed it back to Integrated Components, and everything is running again as it was before. 

Just posting this here for others if they have it happen too, and what I did to fix.  Not sure if it is tied to VA, just it happened when I installed the newest update.