Author Topic: make a verbal response to unrecognized command.  (Read 1382 times)

Arnak

make a verbal response to unrecognized command.
« on: August 08, 2021, 08:30:35 AM »
Hi,

I am attempting to make the unrecognized response say a verbal response rather than being silent.

Having added a linked profile to Elite, I have added the command unrecognized command as an executable command.

Used the other menu for sounds, say something with text to speech and have that as say. "Unrecognized command {CMD}".

The output is set to a headset, the volume is at 100% and the preview sounds perfect. yet when playing the game it does not verbalize at all.

The other commands in that linked profile work perfectly.

Can anyone help me with what I am doing wrong, please?

Thanks,

Martin

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: make a verbal response to unrecognized command.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2021, 08:34:49 AM »
The "Profile Exec" tab only applies to the active profile, not linked/included profiles (I.E. it's only used when that profile is the active profile, not when it's included into another profile)

The command isn't executed at all, so logically there is no audio output.

You'll need to copy the command to the profile you're using as the active profile, in order to be able to use that profile's "Profile Exec" tab to select it for the "Execute a command each time a phrase is unrecognized" option of that profile.

Arnak

Re: make a verbal response to unrecognized command.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2021, 08:42:28 AM »
Hi,

Brilliant, thanks for the information as I didn't realize it worked that way. :)

Martin