Author Topic: Brand new to arm 3 and pc games in general (set up voiceattack)  (Read 1266 times)

luciuswillson

So I am fresh off the boat from xbox to pc specifically arma 3.  I bought voiceattack through steam to use is the mission where I control my troops.  The problem I am having is I cannot find directions on how to set voiceattack up for arma 3 or any other game that is similar. 

Is there a walk through or manual on how to set up for the games you are playing. 

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Brand new to arm 3 and pc games in general (set up voiceattack)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 12:51:03 PM »
If you intend to create your own profile, there are no actions specific to any one game. General documentation is available; press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer.

There may also be user-created profiles available for certain games that you can import and use, E.G. this profile for ArmA 3.

luciuswillson

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 01:56:25 PM »
I got it set up using woofer808 profile but I am having problems in game.  When selection troops and I say soldier 2/4 team red, it selects the two soldiers but does not put them into team red.  What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do, to get this to work properly. 

during set up the instructions said to have the voice attack box with a bunch of purple boxes which I did.  After starting the game though the first box changed to yellow and now says stopped command, 'f_unit' :focus lost

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 02:03:40 PM »
For issues with user-created/third-party profiles, you'd normally want to contact the author of the profile in question.

If a command is getting stopped because focus is lost, that would indicate the "Stop command if target window focus is lost" option is enabled for that command, and the target for that commands cannot be found.
This could mean the targeting information is incorrect (E.G. the title of the target application's window does not match the given text, perhaps due to an update to the target application).