Author Topic: Can I keep track of what is happening within a command sequence by adding notes?  (Read 3228 times)

Dingbat

I'm building a series of commands in various DCS World aircraft, mostly to automate startup and wake up the aircraft systems. My aim is to minimise the time taken from entering the cockpit to being able to taxi the aircraft away. Many of these sequences contain very repetitive instructions and there are many different things happening, either in sequence or simultaneously, e.g. starting two engines one after the other while trying to have VA operate switches as well.

Because of the complexity and similarity of these commands I am finding it almost impossible to keep track of what stage I am at. Is it possible to annotate each keypress combination to easily keep track of what it does?

For example:

"Key Press Right-Ctrl & Home, hold for 0.2 seconds"

I would like to be able to show what it actually did by attaching a note:

"Key Press Right-Ctrl & Home, hold for 0.2 seconds (Battery Master Switch ON)"

or: "Pause 17 seconds" - "Pause 17 seconds [APU spool up time]"

Is there any way to do that?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Not literally on the same line as the action itself, but the "Add a Comment to the Action List" action is intended to do what you're describing otherwise.

It can be found by clicking "Other >", then navigating to "Advanced", and finally "Add a Comment to the Action List"

Press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer, which contains information on VoiceAttack's features.

Dingbat

Thanks Pfiel, I'll give that a go!

Technomancer

• I have a bad feeling about this...
Not literally on the same line as the action itself, but the "Add a Comment to the Action List" action is intended to do what you're describing otherwise.

It can be found by clicking "Other >", then navigating to "Advanced", and finally "Add a Comment to the Action List"

Press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer, which contains information on VoiceAttack's features.

Yep, I do this on my scripting or I forget what's going in the mess.  :P

adora

such good advice to stay ontop of whats going on