Author Topic: What's going on? unrecognized but correct word or words showing up.  (Read 2029 times)

dbunger

When using VA (headset with mic) I'll speak a word or words and it comes up "unrecognized" (yellow)  but the correct word or words shows up. I rarely get a recognized (green). What's going on?

Thx for any help.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: What's going on? Unrecogized but correct word or words showing up.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 08:22:01 AM »
Are the word(s) you are speaking actually set up as valid command phrases? Are you using a third-party profile, or did you create the commands yourself?

If what is shown in the log seemingly should match a command phrase that is assigned to a command that is available in the current profile, try creating and training a new speech recognition profile.

dbunger

I do have VIACOM for DCS installed. If I say the word "house" The response is " Unrecognized: house" So why is it saying "unrecognized" but the correct word shows up?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Is "house" a valid command? VoiceAttack is intended to recognize specific commands (when not set up explicitly in its dictation mode), so anything that cannot be recognized as a command is therefore "unrecognized" (meaning, what was recognized could not be matched to a known command, I.E. VoiceAttack has not been given instructions on how to respond to that input)

If you only want the log to show recognized commands, right-click it and click "Do not show unrecognized items"

dbunger

Really appreciate the help. Think I'm getting it. VIACOM profile has about 900 words, so if I'm speaking a word that is not in those 900 it will come up "unrecognized" even tho the word I spoke came up. That it?

Thx

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
If what the speech recognition engine outputs cannot be matched to a command, it will be shown in the log as "Unrecognized", yes

As mentioned, VoiceAttack is attempting to recognize commands. "Recognized" in this context means a VoiceAttack command has been recognized, not just that the speech recognition recognized something as speech.

dbunger

Got it, again thx for the help.