Author Topic: Is there a way to target a window by both the Title AND Process name?  (Read 1546 times)

robdh4

I use one Google Voice account in Microsoft Edge and a different Google Voice account in Google Chrome. Both window titles are the same, but different processes. I want the command to target the window with the title that begins with "Voice" AND uses the process "msedge", but NOT the process "chrome"

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Is there a way to target a window by both the Title AND Process name?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 09:34:22 AM »
Currently, there is not, no.

Do the browser window titles not end with the browser name?

robdh4

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 10:17:32 AM »
For the Microsoft edge window I'm using the feature where you can turn a webpage into a pseudo-app, so the browser name isn't included in this particular case. I keep like 15+ windows open in edge and don't always want to open all that up just to keep the telephone active.

I know using the regular browser window would make targeting simpler but it would screw up workflow.

robdh4

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 11:23:49 AM »
In the "Perform a Window Function" window it says you can use text variables and tokens to define the "Window Title". Would it be possible to use that ability to find windows that begin with "Voice" but don't end with "Google Chrome"?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2021, 11:27:15 AM »
No. Tokens are the equivalent of literal text, they don't change the behavior of the underlying function that text is passed to.

robdh4

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2021, 11:47:03 AM »
Lucky happenstance: The latest update version 90 of Google Chrome gives the ability to rename window titles. And it appears to be consistent when closing and reopening chrome or changing tabs. So I am able to rename my Google Chrome window and never have "voice" in its title.