Author Topic: Processing limit?  (Read 1321 times)

jcdick1

Processing limit?
« on: February 18, 2021, 12:34:10 PM »
As I understand it, at its most basic level VA is creating a list of things that the voice dictation system should listen for, much like a telephone-based help line, and then doing a specific thing when any one of those items in the list is recognized.  Is there a theoretical - or known - upper limit to the overall number of commands a profile can contain before the system is unable to keep effective track of what it is expecting to hear?

Thanks!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Processing limit?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 10:35:11 PM »
The only known "real" limit is memory, both in the sense that VoiceAttack can run out of it in the 32bit version, or the speech recognition engine itself in the 64bit version, and that if you have so many command phrases, you're unlikely to be able to remember all of them.

jcdick1

Re: Processing limit?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 12:29:48 AM »
if you have so many command phrases, you're unlikely to be able to remember all of them.

That's one of the reasons I ask, because I will alt-tab out of E:D if I find myself using a command that isn't responding, and add it as an option if it isn't there.  My Discovery Scan command has five possible variations right now, and my asking for a list of bodies for the DSS has eight.  The majority of them have at least three.  And my profile has nothing for combat or trading in it yet, since I've been building it out only while exploring outside the bubble.  I can see those ultimately adding a significant number as well.

I should probably move to the 64-bit version.

Thanks!