Author Topic: Profiled commands being ignored but random phrases being picked up  (Read 4349 times)

Heretix

Hi all

I'm working on an Elite profile, with really mixed success. I have the basics working, by VA has a weird behavior after I created a profile. I've trained the system to recognize "landing gear" with a high degree of accuracy (19 out of 20) but after I created a profile and added the command and a correlating action, VA seems to want to ignore the command.

So I can say a garbage phrase like "potato potato" and VA hears the phrase and it appears in the window. "Here come the lizards" likewise. But if I say "Landing gear" , the audio / mic bar bounces - its hearing me, but it doesn't acknowledge the input. If I talk nonsense to it a few more times, then maybe it'll finally recognize "landing gear"

The behavior is pretty consistent. It doesn't ALWAYS fail, but it might take 5 or 6 attempts to get it to hear a phrase that's included in the profile.

Windows 10 and latest version of VA using an Oculus as the mic input.

Suggestions would be most welcome.

Heretix

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Profiled commands being ignored but random phrases being picked up
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 10:34:52 AM »
You might want to take a look at this thread:

http://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=64.0

That seems to help in a lot of different cases.

Alpha-Kilo

Re: Profiled commands being ignored but random phrases being picked up
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 12:17:06 PM »
I experienced a similar thing. Trying to solve a problem with my VA profile I have been fiddling around a lot with it, changing and testing voice commands and key combinations. At one point VA just stopped reacting to my voice input as it had previously done. I followed Gary's recommendation and created a new speech recognition profile and this did the trick.
----------------------------------------------------------------
SPEAKEASY - voice control for Arma 3:
http://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=1494.0
----------------------------------------------------------------