Author Topic: Is there a way to out a random selection of text input fields to a word file?  (Read 1190 times)

schscabe

So My wife does a lot of paperwork for her career that involves a ton of redundancy, mostly in the opening and closing statements for each individual client. So why not create a simple form for these sections that she can just checkbox? well, the problem is her Job doesnt really allow for copy and pasting whole sections of text, regardless of how redundant it is.
this is where I remembered VA can, on a single voice command, play from a random list of preselected sound files. Big question. Is there a way to do the same thing with Text output.
for example if I say 'client was on time" and VA will recognize that as a command and output one of the following
-"Client showed up at the agreed upon time."
-"Client was punctual and on time to appointment"
-"The Client was on time and ready."

you get the hint. Basically I wanna help her pad the BS parts and save her energy for the stuff that matters, AKA, not the filler bs.

any help or thoughts on this would be amazing.
thank you

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Is there a way to out a random selection of text input fields to a word?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 02:26:24 PM »
You can use the "{TXTRANDOM:}" token for that, combined with the "Quick Input" action, to have the text typed out (that is assuming pasting literally isn't an option; otherwise you could use the "Set a Text Value to the Windows Clipboard" action and a Ctrl-V keypress instead of the latter).

schscabe

ohhhhh snap! ill give this a run and report back. thank you

schscabe

ok, Feeling really dumb, but im struggling with the sequence to make this happen (either way you stated).
how are you adding the token and combinding the quick input?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
You put the tokens into the action's "Text" field, with the various phrases separated by semicolons (as mentioned in the documentation)
E.G.
Code: [Select]
Quick Input, '{TXTRANDOM:Client showed up at the agreed upon time.;Client was punctual and on time to appointment;The Client was on time and ready.}'

For desktop applications, you might be able to get away with no delay, I.E. setting both the "Hold down for seconds." and "Wait for seconds between keys" options to 0, though it will still take a brief moment to actually type out.

Press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer; the "Text (and Text-To-Speech) Tokens" section contains more information on this feature.

These topics may also be of use:
Control flow (If, Else, ElseIf, Loop, Jump) basics
Variables and tokens summed up

schscabe

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!
works completely now. thank you so much.
I was overthinking the whole input thing a ton.
super simple, thanks a ton!