Author Topic: Odd PTT Key Recognition Behavior  (Read 1416 times)

Habu

Odd PTT Key Recognition Behavior
« on: January 28, 2021, 05:24:05 PM »
VA 1.8.7, Win 10 v 20H0 (or whatever); Ryzen 5 5600X CPU; Aorus Elite X570 Mobo. Long time VA user and 2 recent anomalies developed at ABOUT the same time as new CPU upgrade. On starting VA, my PTT key (Joy button) is not recognized until I open/close the Options applet. Also the main VA window frequently does not register the "Listening Suspended" on PTT key-up, following a voice command. Behavior has no observable ill-effects on VA performance. Uninstalled/reinstalled VA with no change to observed effects.

These issues are by no means deal-breakers, but are somewhat unsettling.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Odd PTT Key Recognition Behavior
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 05:37:54 PM »
Very odd indeed. 

I'm assuming you had zero trouble with VA until you installed the new CPU?  Did you reinstall Windows as well?  I'm not getting any reports even close to this, so, this is going to be something deeper within your system.  To me, this seems like there are drivers out of sorts -   I would start with making sure your drivers are installed properly for sure (reinstall).  From there, I would try doing a system file scan -  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system-files-79aa86cb-ca52-166a-92a3-966e85d4094e

It may or may not find anything low-hanging, but this is good to do from time to time, even on new installs.

Hope that helps! 

Habu

Re: Odd PTT Key Recognition Behavior
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 08:01:31 AM »
Correct in that 0 issues prior to CPU install, although that may be spurious factor. Will check/reinstall drivers. Tx.