Author Topic: VA changes to another profile after a voice command  (Read 1448 times)

kirso

VA changes to another profile after a voice command
« on: December 15, 2020, 10:05:43 AM »
When I start VA, I always test a voice command within the set profile. Sometimes this is ok. But sometimes VA shows the command as recognized, then changes profile to another set. This does not happen all the time but is a pain when it does this mid game.
I am using a downloaded profile for Squad.
Hop This is in the correct area.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VA changes to another profile after a voice command
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 10:10:53 AM »
Have you checked whether the profile you're using is set up to switch profiles in its commands?

How are the targeting options for that profile and its commands configured?

VoiceAttack does not switch profiles unless instructed to using an action, GUI input, command line parameter, plugin/inline function method, or the automatic profile switching feature (provided the "Enable Auto Profile Switching" option on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window is enabled, and at least one profile has its "Enable profile switching for the following windows or processes" option enabled).

One of these things is causing profile switching; None of them are configured to occur without user input by default.

kirso

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 11:27:57 AM »
I dont know my way around VA as such. I am sure you are correct. But I dont understand why it only happens sometimes and not others. I dont believe I am doing things any differantly. But sometimes it just does the spoken command , and other times as soon as it has done the command it comes up with the profile change. Can I search for  a command to change profiles ? The profile has groups of commands and some are not voice initiated. But as I have said .I dont really know the structure of VA commands.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 11:32:37 AM »
You can use the "list filter" field at the bottom of the "Edit a Profile" window to search for "switch to profile", which should only show commands that contain the "Switch to Another Profile" action (if any exist within the active profile).

If this issue occurs with a third-party profile, specifically, that's also something you could contact the author of the profile about.

Is the profile in question publicly available? If so, post a link to it here.

kirso

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2020, 01:41:16 PM »
have attached the vap file. It changes to different profiles dependent on which command is used , if I say "map" it will change to a profile. But if I say "deploy" it opens a different profile.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2020, 02:07:57 PM »
Does the "map" command switch to a profile with a name beginning with "m"?

Does the "deploy" command switch to a profile with a name beginning with "c"?

Especially if so, I'd be interested to know how the current unofficial version (courtesy of Gary, of course) works for you; Download the executable appropriate for the version of VoiceAttack you're using, rename or otherwise back up the executable that's in the installation directory, replace it with the new one, then test again:
http://voiceattack.com/u32    (32-bit standalone)
http://voiceattack.com/u64   (64-bit standalone)
http://voiceattack.com/uSteam32    (32-bit Steam)
http://voiceattack.com/uSteam64   (64-bit Steam)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 03:15:17 AM by Pfeil »

kirso

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2020, 04:39:38 AM »
It does do a change to a profile beginning with m after "map". But it changes to a profile beginning with C after "deploy. I had the steam version originaly but uninstalled this and used the 64bit standalone. I have just reinstalled the Steam version. This gave the same result. It changes profiles almost every time at start. But then works ok after selecting the Squad profile a couple of times.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2020, 05:16:33 AM »
Have you replaced the executable? Does that make a difference?

The active profile is being changed because those commands are sending keystrokes to VoiceAttack's main window, rather than the game (you can replicate this behavior by having the "Profile" dropdown selected and pressing the physical M key on your keyboard).
Is the game the active window at all times? Is "SquadGame" the title of the game window as seen in the taskbar, or is it the name of the game's executable/process?

kirso

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2020, 05:32:44 AM »
Thanks for the help. The game is being run through steam. So I will have to see if there is an exec file for it to point to.
At least now I know what I am looking at.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2020, 05:35:26 AM »
For the Steam version you'd want to download this executable: http://voiceattack.com/uSteam32

You can right-click VoiceAttack in your Steam library list (or left-click the gear on its library page) and choose "Properties...", then on the "LOCAL FILES" tab click "BROWSE LOCAL FILES...", which will take you to the installation directory.

kirso

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2020, 08:39:20 AM »
Thanks again.
I am still using the standalone 64 bit version. I changed the "send commands to this target" It actually showed 2 versions of Squadgame to choose from. Would it be possible for it to show the actual exe file for the game, or be able to choose the file from File Explorer. This would ensure that I am pointing the commands to the correct program.
It does seem to be working ok at the moment.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2020, 08:43:22 AM »
If you want to target the process name specifically, you can prefix a "~" character to it, E.G. "~SquadGame"

The location of the game executable is not important for targeting, only the process name is.
The "Perform a Window Function" action should show the relevant data in the "Active Window Details" section while the game has focus, which can help to determine the correct targeting parameters

More information on targeting can be found in the "Application Focus (Process Target) Guide" section of VoiceAttackHelp.pdf (press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer)